Kraton Kraton 6s cleaning question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oceanminded

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Finally got my new Kraton 6s up and running for the first time last week and it was a blast! A fully charged 6s lipo lasted way longer than I expected. Truck is now super dusty. Without taking anything apart this early what is a good all-purpose cleaner I can use to clean it up a bit. Do I need to be careful not to clean certain areas that will require me to re-grease or lube. Is there a maintenance blog or video you can recommended for when I need to start deep cleaning, regreasing, lubing, etc.

Cheers!

Dusty is fine. Maybe blow the stuff off with compressed air. If it's muddy, that's a whole different thing. But dust won't hurt it :)

Last edited:
If it's only dust and dirt, many people like to simply blow air into it (I have a compressor at home and that works very well). When it's very dirty and muddy, you can spray some Simple Green (I personally use Finish Line Bike Wash, because I already have it) and rinse with a gentle water spray from a garden hose (no high pressure), while staying away from the electronics. This will not be very good for the bearings, so you need to make sure that you dry the truck very well. Again, compressed air is a good way to dry it.

If you ride in cut grass, some can get between the fan and ESC heat sink, which can interfere with the fan operation. If that's the case, you will need to remove the fan to remove the junk from there. It happened to me a few days ago.

After the clean up, many people recommend to spray silicon lubricant on the moving parts.

I will let the more knowledgeable hobby veterans in the forum comment on the proposed scheduled maintenance. The only thing I can recommend from experience is to buy a sealed bearing kit and replace them as needed. This time will come rapidly if you drive it in water and mud, especially the hub bearings.

once I told my kids (as a joke of course) that I was going to wash it in the dishwasher like an RC car wash (disclaimer: do NOT ever put yours in the dishwasher!) - my wife caught wind of my joke and apparently doesn’t share my sense of humor on the topic - seriously though for dust and dry debris I use a leaf blower or compressed air to get in all the tough to reach spots then wipe it down with a damp cloth

I washed all the plastic parts in a dishwasher once. Not worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back