Kraton Kraton 6s cutting power into limp mode ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chunkyboy07

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi treated my self my my cuz to new Kraton 6s for xmass all fine till 2nd run on the batteries I bought with it 2 3s from gensacearespammers bashing 5500mah 50c now on second run I ran the car for few minutes before the power cut down to say 30% nothing felt hot then it would kick back in for another few mins then it cut out totally my cuz car running same bats done exactly the same thing ?? So I put some other brand 3s in worked fine and other 2s in again fine put those gensacearespammers back in same again after few mins can it just be bad batteries or is it putting to much into the car and putting it into safe mode any help be good thanks

Attachments

• 7EAA2628-4E42-47E5-A15A-181830AAE843.jpeg
    7EAA2628-4E42-47E5-A15A-181830AAE843.jpeg
    378.5 KB · Views: 92
Are the Gen pack fully charged?

Sounds like batteries are flat.. make sure they are charging all the way.

Hi deans with converter from ic5 same as I do with all my other bats no prob with others just these new ones

Hi yes fully charged and balanced both cars are doing it in same batteries which is funny

Yes fully charged and balanced
Sorry to tell you but the Deans connector is the issue. It’s not capable of passing enough power. Put an EC5 on that lipo and it will run fine.

Yeah Dean's can't handle the amps.... you should be lucky it is cutting out and not melting everything together.

Yep Dean's are oldschool, high flow amperage these days and Dean's don't cut it. I have at least 15 sets of Dean's laying around collection dust.

To add a fly in the ointment, I have this exact battery, which natively came with the ic5 connector. Running around in tarmac for shorter bursts, no problem. Taking it on grass in an area I can full throttle it, I've had the exact same issue. It felt like a flat battery, but when I put the battery on charge, the indicator lights seem to show the battery is charging from 50% full. My car is the Senton 3s. I wonder if it is the charger?

Sorry to tell you but the Deans connector is the issue. It’s not capable of passing enough power. Put an EC5 on that lipo and it will run fine.
Hi thanks for the info if that’s is the case why do they make these batteries that can’t handle the power that they got ? And how come my other 3s run fine they are 6000 mah ?
Yeah Dean's can't handle the amps.... you should be lucky it is cutting out and not melting everything together.
Thanks nothings hot tho when I feel it all ? And only these make bats not my others thanks for reply’s
To add a fly in the ointment, I have this exact battery, which natively came with the ic5 connector. Running around in tarmac for shorter bursts, no problem. Taking it on grass in an area I can full throttle it, I've had the exact same issue. It felt like a flat battery, but when I put the battery on charge, the indicator lights seem to show the battery is charging from 50% full. My car is the Senton 3s. I wonder if it is the charger?
Hi these batteries worked fine the other day on both cars that’s was on grass and long grass at times the time it was cutting out was On sand so prob taking or drawing lot more power I’ll try running it today back at that grassy spot and just see if that’s the prob

Last edited:
Hi thanks for the info if that’s is the case why do they make these batteries that can’t handle the power that they got ? And how come my other 3s run fine they are 6000 mah ?

Thanks nothings hot tho when I feel it all ? And only these make bats not my others thanks for reply’s

Hi these batteries worked fine the other day on both cars that’s was on grass and long grass at times the time it was cutting out was On sand so prob taking or drawing lot more power I’ll try running it today back at that grassy spot and just see if that’s the prob
It’s not the lipo that sets the amperage draw, it’s the ESC. That lipo could work fine for a lower powered car. It just won’t work for a high powered Arrma. The Deans connector was considered out of date many years ago. Simply swap the connector for an EC5 or XT90 and see if it holds up then.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back