Kraton Kraton 6s dead throttle active steering, esc blinking red

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overlol

Reaction score
Hi everyone, newbie here.

Running Kraton 6s with original ESC and servo.
During fun times on the skatepark, after a flip the car decided not to move forward/backward anymore.
Esc is blinking red, steering works, throttle doesn't do anything. Car "boots" with the usual beeping sounds.
I should mention that it happened on this session another time, and after unplugging and replugging all cables heading to the motor - it suddenly worked again. I have no idea what went wrong that time.
Needless to say I tried this method again, and also tried today (more than 12h after original incident), can't get it to move.

I read here, youtube'd & google'd this thing, so far the answers I've seen are:
Make sure the remote doesn't have default throttle set to anything other than zero (verified)
Make sure battery is good (tried two batteries)

I'm recharging my battery again now just to be on the safe side when I run the test again, but wanted to reach out and learn from the pros here - any chance that someone knows what's up?
This was the first time I took it to the skate park, it was hilarious. Daughter (3 y/o) had great time too, looking forward to revive this thing and give it another go!

Thanks,

Try to recalibrate the throttle.
See if that helps get you back up and running.

Try to recalibrate the throttle.
See if that helps get you back up and running.
if you're referring to the process in which you boot the car with the two buttons pressed, and then set neutral / full throttle / full stop - tried doing that, but it did not seem to work.

to make matters worse, now my remote is not working - the power button fell off today. bumpy road to start with this thing would be an understatement... :<

if you're referring to the process in which you boot the car with the two buttons pressed, and then set neutral / full throttle / full stop - tried doing that, but it did not seem to work.

that's not how you calibrate it, should be some videos out there on the correct procedure, or read the manual

Went to the hobby shop, they told me that it's probably a faulty ESC. Battery checks out, throttle is fine.
Contacted Horizon - they're asking me for a receipt, which I don't have since my wife bought it as a present and we didn't save it (I was so excited for it, didn't think about it - yes, I'm a fool).
Store didn't help tracking it down either.
Horizon are saying that without proof of purchase they won't help.

How does an ESC die so quickly?? Less than a year...
I'm so bummed about this thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back