Kraton Kraton 6s diff oil weight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oggy1987

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
Good morning all, I'm looking to replace the diff oils. I want to reduce the tyre ballooning but want some good all round handling.

What weights would suit my diff needs please?

60k-70k Front, 200k-500k center, 20-30k rear. The rig will liven up. Less power bleed from rear to the front (much less ballooning). Overall there will be less wear to your diffs. The lower numbers represent where I started and I ended up with the Bold highlighted weights. I'm good with them. I must have rebuilt these 6S diffs 30+ times . Make sure to shim properly. That's another topic and been discussed many times elsewhere on AF.
Good luck trying to find Oil. Its been hard to find. I like Team associated and Losi diff and shock oils. But beggars cant be choosy these days. Just food for thought. :cool:

60k-70k Front, 200k-500k center, 20-30k rear. The rig will liven up. Less power bleed from rear to the front (much less ballooning). Overall there will be less wear to your diffs. The lower numbers represent where I started and I ended up with the Bold highlighted weights. I'm good with them. I must have rebuilt these 6S diffs 30+ times . Make sure to shim properly. That's another topic and been discussed many times elsewhere on AF.
Good luck trying to find Oil. Its been hard to find. I like Team associated and Losi diff and shock oils. But beggars cant be choosy these days. Just food for thought. :cool:
Seems to be a solid setup. Lots of people here running that.

F:60 C:500 R:20 is what I run in my kratons.

Seems to be a solid setup. Lots of people here running that.

F:60 C:500 R:20 is what I run in my kratons.
My swb Noto runs great with that setup.
Sometimes I will mix oils to get the weight a bit thicker.

Last edited:
With the lack of inventory due to both covid and the drag racing community sucking up all the 200-500k diff fluid, best I could come up with for the middle was a tube of 125k in my track bag.

It's a v3 talion currently only running around fields/dirt lots and roads mainly so no need for super backflippy 500k center stiffness.

I have 125k, 60k, 30k, and 15k.
Figured I'd do 30/125/15 for the time being. Not huge improvement but better than stock and I have to refill them anyways regardless.

I’m still kind of new to the Kraton 6S and EXB but I really have problems when the rear diff is too stiff. I really think it’s best with 10k-ish in the rear. Going too thick or running the LSD plates just makes it spin out with the smallest steering input under power.

I think that those EXB 29mm diffs respond way different to oil weight than the older variant RTR diffs. :cool:
But keeping the rear diff lower at say 2:1 minimum (F/R) is best for drivability. I like my front to pull more than I like the rear to push. In the offroad.

With the lack of inventory due to both covid and the drag racing community sucking up all the 200-500k diff fluid, best I could come up with for the middle was a tube of 125k in my track bag.

It's a v3 talion currently only running around fields/dirt lots and roads mainly so no need for super backflippy 500k center stiffness.

Figured I'd do 30/125/15 for the time being. Not huge improvement but better than stock and I have to refill them anyways regardless.
Yeah. Freakin' weird. I noticed diff fluid shortages a couple of months ago when I went looking for some. Expecting the EXB to arrive and wanted some 100k on hand for that thing. A lot of stuff that's out there have the prices jacked up a bit. I went to JTP for my 100k, but unfortunately that's the thickest he has.

I would go 60K in the front from the get go. 60f,125c,15r.:)

60/125/15 is kinda what I wanted to do but wasn't sure if the front would be too thick with the 125k middle. Was literally about to make a reply post asking that before I saw your reply. :)

Yeah don't waste your effort/time with 30k in the Fr. Go right to 60k/ fr, then 30k in the rear. 60k will spare your front tires from ballooning much left and right. Then you are pretty much set. 125 will be fine in the middle for now. Drive it . Then when you find 500k, use that in the center. Stock Ctr. is 100k for reference. 2:1 ratio front to rear seems ideal for me. You Just need to search for 500k. 200k may work for you also if its all you can find. I ended up finding Traxxass 500k. Expensive because you get such a tiny bottle. But that s all I found. Its fine. TA oils are hard to find. But that's mostly what I used for years.:cool:

Last edited:
Yeah don't waste your effort/time with 30k in the Fr. Go right to 60k/ fr, then 30k in the rear. 60k will spare your front tires from ballooning much left and right. Then you are pretty much set. 125 will be fine in the middle for now. Drive it . Then when you find 500k, use that in the center. Stock Ctr. is 100k for reference. 2:1 ratio front to rear seems ideal for me. You Just need to search for 500k. 200k may work for you also if its all you can find. I ended up finding Traxxass 500k. Expensive because you get such a tiny bottle. But that s all I found. Its fine. TA oils are hard to find. But that's mostly what I used for years.:cool:
TA oils should be back in stock early December from sites that show their ETA.

@jondilly1974, thanx for the heads up. (y)
Pandemic or not, TA Sil. oil has always been in Big demand. They run out and just cant be ahead of demand and keep enough in stock. For so many years. I feel it has to do with the parent company, ThunderTiger somehow and the source, Lucas Oil, USA. Which is in Cali. like TA. Go figure. Before TT purchased AE their oil was always available. Just a pattern I noticed.
I usually go to RC10.com. leave my Email for the oils I need and wait and wait. They usually come thru months later. But the oil gets sucked up real fast. And 3rd party vendors even mark them up sometimes. Their oil dominates world wide. So it disappears real fast.:cool:

https://www.associatedelectrics.com/parts/search/?query=silicone+oil

TA/TT must be making a fortune with silicone oil alone, aside from their other products.

And like I said, the sudden popularity explosion of drag cars sucked up all the 200-500k as well. ?

I think my buddy gave me a small bottle of traxxas 500k a while back but it just seemed way too thick to me as that always seemed.more for wheelies and stuff which I'm not interested in.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back