Kraton 6s Diff/Shocks Oil Weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraton83

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Whats everyone running on the weight fluids and for what terrain?

and how does it handle?

Last edited:
100/500/30k weights in F/C/R diffs in a Notorious, and I've not rebuilt the 80w shocks since new about a year ago ? I've not needed to!

All on dirt, gravel, mud but mostly grass

About 30-100-20, mixed terrain. Haven't touched the shocks since I bought it!

I mixed the F and R oils so can't be sure of the exact viscosity but it's around there. Frankly if you're after handling stock is pretty good - racers usually use thin combos like 7-10-5 k cSt, but that's useless on 6s for bashing due to ballooning. Guys who like to send it use something like Yas up there wrote, or even thicker. Mine's kind of a middle ground. Still very driveable, turns great, but ballooning is reduced. Still doesn't wheelie much unless you really smash the throttle.

I mixed the F and R oils so can't be sure of the exact viscosity but it's around there. Frankly if you're after handling stock is pretty good - racers usually use thin combos like 7-10-5 k cSt, but that's useless on 6s for bashing due to ballooning. Guys who like to send it use something like Yas up there wrote, or even thicker. Mine's kind of a middle ground. Still very driveable, turns great, but ballooning is reduced. Still doesn't wheelie much unless you really smash the throttle.

Thanks for the info

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back