Kraton 6s diff upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanbenton1028

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
So y'all don't bust on me too hard for asking this, as it almost seems like it would be common knowledge. Unfortunately, in my case, the knowledge is not so common.... So I'm rebuilding a Noto 6s into a Kraton 6s by swapping all of the necessary parts, and upgrading a plethora of others while doing so. My question is in regards to the diffs, all of them. Would the EXB diffs be a drop in upgrade from the stock Noto 6s diffs? I want to make them as strong as possible. Any input is more than appreciated. Thanks

I have never used EXB diffs but from what I have read on here the input and ring gears are better than RTR diffs. The tricky part seems to be getting the insides to behave how you want them and to be tough. I have seen some threads that have the answer to those questions, I also know that when they first came out they were breaking constantly so if you come across an old thread you might want to disregard it. RTR diffs are plenty strong though as long as you have them shimmed, if they aren't shimmed you can slip gears and kill diffs easily.

So y'all don't bust on me too hard for asking this, as it almost seems like it would be common knowledge. Unfortunately, in my case, the knowledge is not so common.... So I'm rebuilding a Noto 6s into a Kraton 6s by swapping all of the necessary parts, and upgrading a plethora of others while doing so. My question is in regards to the diffs, all of them. Would the EXB diffs be a drop in upgrade from the stock Noto 6s diffs? I want to make them as strong as possible. Any input is more than appreciated. Thanks
Yes but you must run the same diffs front and rear. If you have different gear ratios, it will cook your center diff. The center diff can be whatever you prefer. I prefer the EXB diffs, once shimmed properly, over the RTR diffs due to the thicker ring gear pin and output cup shaft. This adds a lot of strength to the diff IMO.

Yes but you must run the same diffs front and rear. If you have different gear ratios, it will cook your center diff. The center diff can be whatever you prefer. I prefer the EXB diffs, once shimmed properly, over the RTR diffs due to the thicker ring gear pin and output cup shaft. This adds a lot of strength to the diff IMO.
Thank you man. That's the answer that I was looking for. I appreciate it!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back