Kraton Kraton 6s esc+motor combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T4H1T1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I’m thinking of upgrading my esc and motor but want to see what you guys suggest. I’m leaning towards a max6 esc but motor wise I’m not really sure. I want more speed as I like to do speed runs here and there but I also don’t want it over heating if I put bashing. I do have the yea racing dual fans on my motor if that helps.

I went with a 4092 1650kv size motor With a max 6 Because I’m scared of the 4985 haha. Im waiting for parts to come in so I can Install the new electronics.

How is it heat wise on the motor? What size gear would you go with
Originally had this combo planned for the Mojave EXB. Since I could wait any longer for that being released, I bought a K6s last week. Once I need upgrading the K6s electronics it will this combo. Some on his forum run it with 20t and keep it cool. maybe you can go even higher depending on ambient temps, the fans you use etc.

How is it heat wise on the motor? What size gear would you go with

I haven’t had issues with the motor temp. I ran through an entire pack and finished with doing 7-8 WOT runs up and down the dirt road for about 500 feet each direction. That was with an 18t pinion and no fan.

I recently jumped to a 20t pinion and added a fan but haven’t had a chance to take it out yet.
I went with a 4092 1650kv size motor With a max 6 Because I’m scared of the 4985 haha. Im waiting for parts to come in so I can Install the new electronics.

I started with the Max6/4092 in 1730 and loved it. It was like going from a V6 sports car (stock kraton) to a V8.

I then went to a Max6 and the 4985 and it’s like the same sports car but the 700 HP super edition. Thing is ridiculous, it has hot nasty power! I would let people drive my kraton with the 4092 but with the 4985 I don’t let anyone drive it besides my wife..

Im using the Max6 4985 combo with a 20T pinion. I have a @suchtragedy 35 to 40mm fan adapter and a WTF fan on the ESC, and a @suchtragedy dual 30mm fan adapter on a K8S heatsink on the motor. I can run a full pack pretty hard in 80-90 degree weather and keep the temps below 160. It's a violent beast my best speed so far is 71 mph.

My k6 runs a max6/1480kv 4092 hobbystar geared 24/46. I run my own 40x28mm fan on a heat sink on the motor and esc.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back