Kraton Kraton 6S EXB “Big Daddy”

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have to look into these lights. I love the Polo kits, but I don't want to cut my bodies for my rigs anymore to fit lights.
have you cut in a Kraton' for polo lights?? I really like the look of the scale look set (actual headlights) whats the fitting/quality like ? are they worth the mulah?

have you cut in a Kraton' for polo lights?? I really like the look of the scale look set (actual headlights) whats the fitting/quality like ? are they worth the mulah?

The lights are amazing and the fitment is pretty good, but they absolutely do not hold up to bashing. Landing on the body or breaking the wing mount will take out the lights. They are 3D printed and can only take so much abuse. I would only recommend them for a shelf body or for someone who isnt doing flips and such. Unless you have a roll cage, then nothing can touch them and they'd be fine.

I like the other lights posted in this thread for a bashed kraton better. They are all out of the way and unlikely to be broken from what I can see. This isn't a problem on an Infraction or even a Mojave probably and the guy who makes the lights is a top guy.

The lights are amazing and the fitment is pretty good, but they absolutely do not hold up to bashing. Landing on the body or breaking the wing mount will take out the lights. They are 3D printed and can only take so much abuse. I would only recommend them for a shelf body or for someone who isnt doing flips and such. Unless you have a roll cage, then nothing can touch them and they'd be fine.

I like the other lights posted in this thread for a bashed kraton better. They are all out of the way and unlikely to be broken from what I can see. This isn't a problem on an Infraction or even a Mojave probably and the guy who makes the lights is a top guy.
Thanks for the feedback... I'm going with a set of Murat 1/5 scale front and rears on my 6s as I like those combos better than the smaller 6s versions he does , but I also love the scale polo headlights so was considering a set of those too...

I do see a roll cage in my future too so maybe I'll save the Polo's for another shell as I've already modified this one for strength, so fitting will be harder anyway... Not seeing any clear bodies at the moment though other than American JC concepts, but that delivery .......

Thanks for the info!

Managed to get the truck out for a bash on Friday and it shrugged off everything thrown at it - lights are still fine as well

I am debating some hinge pin holders next - but equally, I am not convinced I smash it about enough to warrant the expense!

Ditto with the towers - my plan is to use it until I bend or break them 👍

I am debating some hinge pin holders next - but equally, I am not convinced I smash it about enough to warrant the expense!

Ditto with the towers - my plan is to use it until I bend or break them 👍

That's how I upgrade. Switched towers to M2C when I bent the stocks and switched to the rear hingepin kit when I bent the stock. It's easier for me to spread the cost over time and it just means I get to work on the truck more which is fun for me.

Yeah I think that is a really sound approach - and I do enjoy working on it!

Productive evening customising Outcast side skirts for the Kraton - I have them on the Talion and they help to keep the shite out 👍

326BDEF2-F079-4EEE-86ED-121A41CCE7FD.jpeg

B1C75D21-1CB1-4BCD-8A0F-07ECE278F5A0.jpeg

Added some nice shiny bits today:
  • M2C EXB towers front and back
  • CRCU front rear, rear front and rear rear hinge pin holders
  • New rear diff case - the rear wing mount ears had died. New bearings from rcbearings.co.uk

762FAAE8-0283-4FD9-A44A-00999124FF88.jpeg

9E768688-1BFB-403C-9B6C-D7E09CA41B00.jpeg

B6C4066C-0275-4E01-900B-BCA1BD4B477E.jpeg

73B67D0B-C46B-4C0C-B3F2-07E7E50782B5.jpeg

All this bling and no @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount smh
I haven’t had a lot of success with wing mounts so far:

The stock one snaps screws and the gear box case. The RPM wouldn’t fit with my previous setup (with the M2C additional brace) - but would fit now as I have removed that brace (couldn’t bear drilling more holes in the lovely new tower). I have had flexible TPM 3D printed ones, but again, snapped/bent screws.

I can’t imagine the 3D-RC one being much different…open to persuasion and/or better ideas though!

The stock one snaps screws and the gear box case. The RPM wouldn’t fit with my previous setup (with the M2C additional brace) - but would fit now as I have removed that brace (couldn’t bear drilling more holes in the lovely new tower). I have had flexible TPM 3D printed ones, but again, snapped/bent screws.

I can’t imagine the 3D-RC one being much different…open to persuasion and/or better ideas though!
I’ll let ya know…
I should be getting my new set tomorrow.

The 3DRC one is flexible, but it doesn't snap or transfer force into breaking other parts. I run mine with M2C towers and tower braces in addition to an extra piece for my roll cage. I know of 3 total people (out of many) who have managed to break one, and then 3D RC fixed the weakness that allowed those breakages. Mine has never, even bent a screw. Can't recommend it enough, and I don't even get paid to say this haha

Nice rig! How did you attached the skirts to thr chassis?
Through the use of a Dremel, some harsh language and screws in the usual places.

Basically, you have to trim off some of the internal posts and then cut down the back end of them to reduce the thickness down to allow it to sit flush with the chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back