Kraton Kraton 6S EXB Aluminium Rear Diff Case Housing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhatEd

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
After stripping the thread on my stock 6s EXB rear diff housing today by taking a bad landing on the wing mount, I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the aluminium diff housing's? Was looking at this from Hot Racing:

AON12E01 Aluminum Hd Gearbox Case Bulkhead Arrma Kraton Outcast​

Anyone used this or have used an alternative that is worth a look?
Or...should I just stick with the stock plastic housing AR310854 ...?

Thanks

A lot of people get the hot racing one. I have them in one of my rigs. I don't know this for sure but I believe it makes the diff technically fit better or something. But I like mine, my dad is very rough on his truck and he actually bent the housing and made it almost impossible to get the diff out, it took a lot of force. But again he's very very rough on his truck.

Using the HR bulkhead has advantages and disadvantages. Getting it because you stripped the plastic stocker may not be the best reason to upgrade. Many go HR for different reasons. Mostly for better main gear/input gear alignment. I never upgraded to them. I like the plastic. Never issues with stripping or anything. Usually user error/driving causes this damage. And a HR bulkheads can have the screws snap instead of stripping out, Then you also have a bricked Expensive paperweight left.
I am sure we can split hairs on the advantages of Plastic vs Alloy , etc.
Many stay with the plastic and use longer wing wing mount screws and a nut to capture the longer screws used. Prevents stripping. But user error IMO doesn't justify a HR $bulkhead$ by itself. Plastic is much cheaper.
It's your wallet. Many do it just for the bling factor.. Many use the HR just in the rear. But again for better main gear alignment. The rear takes the most abuse with diff gears. IMO.
I am sure others here who use them will swear by them.🤷‍♂️
$100. to do both front and rear complete is big coin.
Stock is 1/4 the price.

For atleast a temp fix you could get some 2 part epoxy resin, mix it put it into the screw hole then insert the bolt, let it set and then you should be able to unscrew the bolt and leave a thread there.. I have used this method on a few jobs over the years and works ok, not sure how well it will work on the plastic though.. ;p something like
81vqfmSLxDL._AC_SY879_.jpg

Thanks for all the information guys. I agree, bad driving is what it can be put down to here, but was just thinking that the metal housing might be that bit stronger, but I suppose that there is the risk of snapping the screw isn't there. I think I'll just go with the plastic housing again for now and start the wild goose chase of finding a POS wing mount.

Thanks for the advice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back