Kraton Kraton 6s EXB build questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonansRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Pretty new to the forum but not new to Arrmas. I have a couple EXBs that I thrash pretty hard. I recently purchased a new one that I have built with a Hobbywing Max 8 and a Spektrum SLT3.
I’ve done a couple of test runs and it’s all dialed in but I still have one question regarding the on/off switch and where to mount it....

Where I mounted the Esc doesn’t give me much room to mount next to the esc, so I’m considering adding a little plate to the side of the roll tower and mounting it there.

Anyone have experience or feedback with this location?

Ultimately I’ve decided to sell this one before I start destroying it like my others, but apparently I need 25 posts before I can post a classified ad....figured I’d start a thread to get my post count up!

B52D815A-62A1-45C3-BAF3-DC9ACD9F5B0E.jpeg

3AADC63E-28D9-4C93-BB94-A6884AC25F75.jpeg

6A4AC08E-6E0E-4270-88BE-64B495A8BF46.jpeg

C6595BD7-7BBA-42D3-B148-EF2B7FB593F0.jpeg

5450B958-11BE-4AFA-BD55-BE883889DC30.jpeg

that is a tiny motor, you should have put a hobbystar 4092
Maybe my wife was lying when she told me size didn't matter.

I have a MAX 6 4985 1650KV set up in another EXB, I wanted something a little less destructive in this one! It actually performed great in my initial testing.....quite a bit more power than the RTR 2050KV set up.
You could do a plate on the roll tower, I've seen it done lots of times. I personally like to be able to reach the power button without having to take the body off.
agreed on reaching the power button with body on! I almost considered putting a plate on the backside of the roll tower and cutting out one of the vented panels on the body to access it.

That looks really clean! I know a ton of bashers run with a toolkit, maybe inside the tower using dual lock with a 1/4" hole in the lid so you can poke it with a driver? Just spitballing ideas. Btw, why not arrange the motor wires so they don't cross over each other to reach the ESC, then recalibrate/program for the correct motor rotation direction?

Not a bad idea (both of them). I didn’t realize I could swap the wires....I’m usually not to concerned about the way things look, but I’m trying to keep this one looking clean.
Thanks for the advice!
I mounted mine here. You can still reach it with the body on.
View attachment 144912
Oh I really like that, but my button doesn’t have a screw hole to mount like that....not sure if sticky tape will hold up there

Oh I really like that, but my button doesn’t have a screw hole to mount like that....not sure if sticky tape will hold up there
Oof....yeah I'm not sure tape would hold being perpendicular to impacts like that. Maybe dual lock velcro?

Found this small area to attach my switch.
By the way, watch out for the Max 8, I have the XR8 plus on my rig with the 1900KV and the ESC fried on 16t pinion.
Wanted sensored unit staying with HW but probably not a good decision. I am now on the fence if I will stay with this setup (pay for replacement ESC) or go Castle Hobbies system.

20210328_013435.jpg

Found this small area to attach my switch.
By the way, watch out for the Max 8, I have the XR8 plus on my rig with the 1900KV and the ESC fried on 16t pinion.
Wanted sensored unit staying with HW but probably not a good decision. I am now on the fence if I will stay with this setup (pay for replacement ESC) or go Castle Hobbies system.

View attachment 144916
I like that but mounted my esc 90degrees from yours....my wires weren't long enough to mount that direction. Nice Setup!
Oof....yeah I'm not sure tape would hold being perpendicular to impacts like that. Maybe dual lock velcro?
Good Idea, Or maybe mount to small plate and screw the plate into the mud guards like yours!
Tape it to the receiver box or take top off and screw it to the top
Thought about sticking it to the top of the receiver box but didn't think it would stick well.....I like the idea of mounting it to a small plate and screwing the plate to the top of the box! Great ideas guys, Thanks!!!

Maybe my wife was lying when she told me size didn't matter.

I have a MAX 6 4985 1650KV set up in another EXB, I wanted something a little less destructive in this one! It actually performed great in my initial testing.....quite a bit more power than the RTR 2050KV set up.

agreed on reaching the power button with body on! I almost considered putting a plate on the backside of the roll tower and cutting out one of the vented panels on the body to access it.
I discovered by accident that by moving the front wheels left-right in 3-4 quick successions actually turns on the Kraton EXB! Not sure if this works on all ESC.

Yes, you're generating electricity in the same way that spinning an electric motor generates electricity. Probably wouldn't recommend it over a switch though, don't know what that would do to an ESC over time.

Thanks for your input guys. I went for the roll tower plate idea for now. Seemed the safest place. I may change it to the backside of the roll tower later on so I can access it through the back of the body, but this should work for now.

C915B414-4E30-4E54-AE06-5B4DC39BA6C4.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back