Kraton Kraton 6S EXB or BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSnook

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
You’ve got good 4S electronics on the shelf, 2000KV motor, 4S ESC and batteries. Do you just run that in the EXB roller for a while and upgrade to 6S later or get the RTR and slowly upgrade to EXB(or similar) durability parts later? I’d love to get the EXB, I just don’t know if the Kraton would be too much car for my motor and esc.

EC097178-4536-4320-A947-A72EEE1537EF.jpeg

On the flip side I hear the Kraton RTR is a beast out of the box and that the chassis rarely bend (maybe even less than the EXB?) Someone with more experience could confirm but I hear very little bad things about the RTR.

I also hear the EXB is one tough cookie as well :)

Do you know the current on that ESC? 8th scale has quite a bit of weight, I would want at least a 150A esc (even with 4S).

I’m pretty certain the EXB chassis is made out of a much stronger grade aluminum. Same with the rest of the aluminum red parts.

This is all I’ve been able to find on the ESC.

Specifications

Cells3-4 LiPo, 9-12 NiMH
Suggested Applications1:8 Buggy, Truggy, SCT
Resistance0.0005 ohm
BrakesProportional
Motor Limit 3S LiPo, 9-10 NiMH4000kV
Motor Limit 4S LiPo, 11-12 NiMH2600kV
ReversibleYes
Low Voltage CutoffYes w/Cell Auto-Detect
Dimensions (mm)59.5 x 48 x 42
Weight173g
Power Wires12-gauge silicone
ConnectorBattery: T-plug.
Motor: 4.0mm sockets.
Reedy SC1000-BL Sensorless Brushless 1:8 ESC

On the flip side I hear the Kraton RTR is a beast out of the box and that the chassis rarely bend (maybe even less than the EXB?) Someone with more experience could confirm but I hear very little bad things about the RTR.

I also hear the EXB is one tough cookie as well :)

Do you know the current on that ESC? 8th scale has quite a bit of weight, I would want at least a 150A esc (even with 4S).
up to you the diffs are better in the EXB and the chassis braces that's it as far as I at concerned

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back