Kraton Kraton 6S EXB Roller Parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alphalima

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 3s
Many threads and YouTube videos later, I’m getting to a landing spot for the components for a Kraton 6S roller. I want to bash with it in grass, but have it be less stunty than my Notorious.

Castle Creations Monster X 1/8 Brushless Combo w/1515 Sensored Motor (2200Kv)
Servo?
Tekno RC "M5" Hardened Steel Mod1 Pinion Gear w/5mm Bore (14T)
Flysky FS-GT5 6CH RC Transmitter with FS BS6 Receiver

Spektrum RC SR315 3-Channel DSMR Sport Surface Receiver
Spektrum RC DX3 Smart 3-Channel DSMR Transmitter (see below question)

Questions:
1. The more I read, the less I understand about servos. The price range is huge and I have no idea what I’m looking for. I don’t intend on adjusting lots of settings. Looking for bulletproof. I’d like to avoid soldering. Servo recommendation with these components?
2. Not marked to AVS, but I like having it on my Felony and Infraction. I like sticking with Spektrum because of that and general familiarity. Can I buy the receiver only and use the transmitter from my Felony? I never plan on using them at the same time and these transmitters are piling up. I looked into the rugged series, but people seem to hate the LCD and I like the dials. Open to suggestions on other transmitters

Also open to feedback on what I’ve already picked above…. Thanks!

Last edited:
In my opinion, AVS is best used on on-road vehicles: it's not necessary for off-road vehicles. Other brands don't use AVC, but they do use gyros in the receiver, which gives you the same result as AVC.

Unless you go with a Spektrum DX5, you can only tun one vehicle with a Spektrum transmitter. Other brands, such as Radiolink and FlySky, offer support for multiple vehicles at better prices than Spectrum. Both the Radiolink RC6GS radio system or the FlySky GT5 radio system have gyros and can work with multiple vehicles: the RC6GS works with up to ten vehicles, and the GT5 works with up to 20 vehicles. Both of these radio systems are under $100, and additional receivers are under $20. I own one of each system: I replaced the receivers in my Arrma vehicles with Radiolink receivers to use that system.

For servos, you want one with at least 25kg of torque. Some here like the Amazon 35kg servos. You can find 25kg servos anywhere from $20 to over $150, but personally I stay in the $90-100 range. In that price range you can get a waterproof, brushless servo with metal gears and a high speed.

Last edited:
alphalima, please reread my first reply to you: I made a few changes to it that might help you out.

One other thing about servos: Spektrum uses a 23 tooth shaft, while most every other manufacturer uses a 25 tooth shaft. Make sure you have a servo arm that matches the number of teeth on your servo.

Thanks. Just bought the Flysky. I’m actually having issues with a Senton and this may mail two birds with one stone.

Still have no idea on Servos. I’m semi-copying the guy in this video and may just get the Reefs Raw RC 500. I don’t know what the difference is between some of the $30 servos that have the same features as ones that are $150. Is that Reefs overkill?

Thanks. Just bought the Flysky. I’m actually having issues with a Senton and this may mail two birds with one stone.

Still have no idea on Servos. I’m semi-copying the guy in this video and may just get the Reefs Raw RC 500. I don’t know what the difference is between some of the $30 servos that have the same features as ones that are $150. Is that Reefs overkill?
For general bashing the Amazon cheapos are more than enough. I've bought servos from $12 all the way to $125 and the $12 ones work just as well as the $125 one actually I think the $12 is better but that is just from my own personal experience.

My Notorious is getting all sorts of EXB parts this week so figured I’d swap the servo too.

Trying this one for $45- has good reviews and a nice finish to it. :
Flash Hobby M25BHW Waterproof 25kg Large Torque Digital Brushless Motor Servo
Thanks for the heads up on 23T. Also got this:
Hot Racing Aluminum Fixed Link Steering with 25t Servo Arm

Also grabbed a spare receiver for the new transmitter to put in the Notorious.
The 23 tooth thing can definitely screw up your day 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back