Kraton Kraton 6s EXB Servo Horn

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd have to buy a horn that fits your particular servo SPLINE, not the make of the unit. What servo do you have and how many "teeth" does the spline have?
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the etronix ET2072 25t. The horn seems too short and not enough cup in it for it to sit straight. Hobbie shop say this is fine but doesn’t look right to me

E97688DE-3235-4D3A-A636-3C58A46C04AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I have the etronix ET2072 25t. The horn seems too short and not enough cup in it for it to sit straight. Hobbie shop say this is fine but doesn’t look right to me

View attachment 216958

What @Engineer posted is the correct one for the 6S to be a bit longer horn. If you are tying to us it here and level it, shim it up to get more height if you want it to be more parallel.

The longer horn does help give you more of that 90deg you want from the servo to the Ackerman

1652299286692.png

1652299376623.png

Thanks parcou. Ive gone ahead and ordered the HR arm you have, did you need to modify this in any way to have it fit?
Also i notice you have some sort of cushioning on the servo screws holding it to the mount, what is this and and do i need it? I just have the 2 hard plastic spacers that came stock with the EXB.

Are those Game Changer fans? Ive just ordered 2 x 30 mm centro fans to fit on a yeah reaching heat sink, but I’m confused on powering them up. Actually just started another thread. Ive had conflicting info whether to wire them individually to aux 1 and aux 2, use a y harness and a power capacitor in aux 2, or seen Earl on YT go with direct plug into a balance lead on a lipo.

i appreciate any help and advise. Just starting out late in the hobby.

Thank you for sharing.

Do you have the right side of the red arm shimmed ? Looks packed out to raise the level
There are no shims in this setup. I simply unbolted the old servo arm and connecting link and replaced them with this.

Thanks parcou. Ive gone ahead and ordered the HR arm you have, did you need to modify this in any way to have it fit?
Also i notice you have some sort of cushioning on the servo screws holding it to the mount, what is this and and do i need it? I just have the 2 hard plastic spacers that came stock with the EXB.

Are those Game Changer fans? Ive just ordered 2 x 30 mm centro fans to fit on a yeah reaching heat sink, but I’m confused on powering them up. Actually just started another thread. Ive had conflicting info whether to wire them individually to aux 1 and aux 2, use a y harness and a power capacitor in aux 2, or seen Earl on YT go with direct plug into a balance lead on a lipo.

i appreciate any help and advise. Just starting out late in the hobby.
Welcome

HR is a good servo arm as well. I did not know about the one Engineer posted until afterward.

I did need to add the shims to get the arm level 180deg so it would not be slanted like your picture.

The servo mount did come with two sets of plastic spacers and is optional to use. It is based on your server. I used as many as needed to lift the servo so it does not touch the chassis. This is why you want to use the plastic to lift your servo if needed. The screw hole cushions came with the servo I would say optional there are not on all my servo. Like this spongy barrel guide thing for the screw. Personally don't like it but I used it.

Yes, those are Game Changer fans powered from a small 3S battery I put in the rig when I bash. They are expensive so I order my fans off ebay and make my own wiring to save money. Did that on my other rigs. Those fans require a lot of power you cannot get from the ESC and would be too much to run off the ESC...for these types of fans. To get the spin power they can produce, you need a lipo battery. I could use the battery balance port that's running the RC but I prefer to use a separate battery as advised.

Glad to help!
Thank you for sharing.

Do you have the right side of the red arm shimmed ? Looks packed out to raise the level

Keep in mind....each servo has different heights, if plastic shims are needed to lift it or not, servo arm style, and servo mounts. So once you put it all together each person will have to determine what is needed or NOT to level the servo arm. With the spacers, I used to lift mine I needed to do the same to keep the arm to level in my case.

Last edited:
Thanks guys , really helpful.

So I may have to lift the arm but will have to wait until it’s all together. Can I ask what shims you used please? I didn’t get anything with my servo other than some cheap plastic horns and small screws.

So the fans are entirely independent for power, do you just put another 3s in the rig, where do you mount it, what connector and why 3s and not say 2s or smaller to power a couple of fans.
Would you mind sending me a picture of this please?
Not sure if the fans I ordered will need this set up now or not.

ApprecIte the help

Thanks guys , really helpful.

So I may have to lift the arm but will have to wait until it’s all together. Can I ask what shims you used please? I didn’t get anything with my servo other than some cheap plastic horns and small screws.

So the fans are entirely independent for power, do you just put another 3s in the rig, where do you mount it, what connector and why 3s and not say 2s or smaller to power a couple of fans.
Would you mind sending me a picture of this please?
Not sure if the fans I ordered will need this set up now or not.

ApprecIte the help

Wow....see shims are like tools. Over the time of the RC, you will want to watch what others recommend and pickup shims, washers, spacers, etc. They come in so many different sizes like nuts and screws just begin to collect them. What I used for the servo arm to the steering Ackerman were these but not available:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-l...et-hard-anodized-tlr236010/p-qezqtzeqyz2xactz

Also various sizes in nylon washers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2LQQRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Local Hobby Shop I spend time in there area collecting needed M3, M4 washers, shims, spacers, etc but mainly after someone shares what they used or watched a YT video on shims they used then I order for future or current state.

My fans pictured here are 40mm fans and those needed or are advised by the maker for a 3S. It can run off a 2S once you get the correct plug but it's underpowering the larger fans. I am running 3 off one battery but I do have rigs with a single 40mm fan like those running off one 3S 650mah small battery, still 3S. At the same time, you would not put the stock ESC fan on a 3S battery that is overpowering as well so the power source = to the max or less the fans can handle. These rigs create heat so not going less power on fans :)

Yes, I put another 3S battery in the rig. I just added a battery and took a pic this was on the shelf. I mount it at the top pictured but I have also done velcro\zip to the RC battery...so any place you can find and able to secure it so does not come loose and have reach. I also zip-tie it down.
1652389698893.png

1652389682442.png

The above is for THOSE fans and not all setups are like this. Many ways to do it with NO separate battery. When you move to fans that need a battery you are really working with some heat. Here is the south I do not get thermal cut off anyone since going to those powerful fans... Fans off the ESC did not work for Infraction ESC would overheat at 730p at night in Jul/Aug...not anymore, so I prepared the Kraton for the summer. Some rigs it's OK....takes time to test and get a fell.

Typhon TLR all run off the ESC. This rig I could not do 40mm fans, low body
1652390193256.png

Big Rock runs only one 40mm motor fan here I use a small 3S battery. ESC fan runs off the receiver.
1652390296345.png

I zip-tie and velcro on the other side there the small battery.
1652390388909.png

Hope that helped some.

Wow....see shims are like tools. Over the time of the RC, you will want to watch what others recommend and pickup shims, washers, spacers, etc. They come in so many different sizes like nuts and screws just begin to collect them. What I used for the servo arm to the steering Ackerman were these but not available:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-losi-racing-m3-aluminum-washer-set-hard-anodized-tlr236010/p867324?utm_source=transactional_email&utm_medium=e-mail&utm_campaign=order_complete&utm_cid=4109717&utm_content=/team-losi-racing-m3-aluminum-washer-set-hard-anodized-tlr236010/p-qezqtzeqyz2xactz

Also various sizes in nylon washers:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06W2LQQRN/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Local Hobby Shop I spend time in there area collecting needed M3, M4 washers, shims, spacers, etc but mainly after someone shares what they used or watched a YT video on shims they used then I order for future or current state.

My fans pictured here are 40mm fans and those needed or are advised by the maker for a 3S. It can run off a 2S once you get the correct plug but it's underpowering the larger fans. I am running 3 off one battery but I do have rigs with a single 40mm fan like those running off one 3S 650mah small battery, still 3S. At the same time, you would not put the stock ESC fan on a 3S battery that is overpowering as well so the power source = to the max or less the fans can handle. These rigs create heat so not going less power on fans :)

Yes, I put another 3S battery in the rig. I just added a battery and took a pic this was on the shelf. I mount it at the top pictured but I have also done velcro\zip to the RC battery...so any place you can find and able to secure it so does not come loose and have reach. I also zip-tie it down.
View attachment 217140
View attachment 217139

The above is for THOSE fans and not all setups are like this. Many ways to do it with NO separate battery. When you move to fans that need a battery you are really working with some heat. Here is the south I do not get thermal cut off anyone since going to those powerful fans... Fans off the ESC did not work for Infraction ESC would overheat at 730p at night in Jul/Aug...not anymore, so I prepared the Kraton for the summer. Some rigs it's OK....takes time to test and get a fell.

Typhon TLR all run off the ESC. This rig I could not do 40mm fans, low body
View attachment 217147

Big Rock runs only one 40mm motor fan here I use a small 3S battery. ESC fan runs off the receiver.
View attachment 217148

I zip-tie and velcro on the other side there the small battery.
View attachment 217149

Hope that helped some.
Hi Pac.

I notice on your lipo for powering your fans its an EC5 connector (i think). is this how you power the fans, so do you have the other end of the ec5 on the motor fan and esc fan?
Or are the fans powered off the balance lead - i think i can see this on picture 2, but not sure. and if so what output do you get from the balance lead the full 11.1v?
Where do i source such a small 3s, apologies again total neewbie only just got my head around 2s/3s/4s etc.

Noted on making sure it is strapped in, does this nor effect storage of the lipo i.e. keeping it in a fire resistant bag/container?

appreciate you picking up on my other thread also where you confirmed the 2 x centro fans should run ok from the receiver if the BEC is set to 7.4v, so this may be enough for me at this stage, until i upgrade the fans.

Hi Pac.

I notice on your lipo for powering your fans its an EC5 connector (i think). is this how you power the fans, so do you have the other end of the ec5 on the motor fan and esc fan?
Or are the fans powered off the balance lead - i think i can see this on picture 2, but not sure. and if so what output do you get from the balance lead the full 11.1v?
Where do i source such a small 3s, apologies again total neewbie only just got my head around 2s/3s/4s etc.

Noted on making sure it is strapped in, does this nor effect storage of the lipo i.e. keeping it in a fire resistant bag/container?

appreciate you picking up on my other thread also where you confirmed the 2 x centro fans should run ok from the receiver if the BEC is set to 7.4v, so this may be enough for me at this stage, until i upgrade the fans.
Glad to help

Was not a good pic. It is powered off the balance port so anyone with Game Changer like 40mm fans are using the balance port to power the fans. It's a consistent lead on all batteries. That one has an EC3 end smaller but I never use that except for charging. I have others I linked below with a different battery end but still have the same balance port. Yes, you get all full power from the balance lead.

When done with the small battery I storage charge it like all the others to a 3.80 or 3.85v and put it in the fire safe box with all the others.

Good on those other fans the small to 30, 35mm can run off the ESC. So could the big ones but they would not pull any air to be any good.

I just ordered these guys the other day two small 3S lipo to use with fans:
https://www.racedayquads.com/produc...-2-and-3-quads-80c-xt30?variant=2871479468043

I have an xt30 to EC3 adapter I use when I need to charge them on my charger. There are others with EC3 ends just harder to find that way and the adapter was cheap for the charger.

(y)

That is really helpful thank you. And once charged/out of storage you just reuse the cable ties to fasten it back?
What I’m getting at is, do you have to see cure it with new cable ties every time or is there a mounting way that secures it that doesn’t need 100s of cable ties each time.

Trivial I know, but why re-create the wheel of someone proves it works lol

That is really helpful thank you. And once charged/out of storage you just reuse the cable ties to fasten it back?
What I’m getting at is, do you have to see cure it with new cable ties every time or is there a mounting way that secures it that doesn’t need 100s of cable ties each time.

Trivial I know, but why re-create the wheel of someone proves it works lol
Ahh

OK. I see. Yes, I zip-tie the battery each time and I have lots of zip-ties off Amazon cheap. For me, not an issue I do the same even with a normal RC I have cut more wires in my gears, drivetrain, etc by rushing to bash and not secure items on the inside.

Regardless of the extra battery if I have a battery cable that is too long and flops or whatever taking 1-2min to zip tie those down saves me $$$ to avoid the damage. It's a pre-prep RC process for me :)

3D printing and other things a person could do to create a place to hold a small battery... depend on what is important to you or what you do not want to do.

Not trivial. Not all want to do this there are some cool people here that can 3D print a solution for you...good ask my friend!

Thanks mate, you’ve been really helpful and it’s appreciated. More to think about that I didn’t consider before.
Pac. What wheels/tyres are they?

Thanks mate, you’ve been really helpful and it’s appreciated. More to think about that I didn’t consider before.
Pac. What wheels/tyres are they?
Welcome...

Those are Proline and they cost more. There are other tire options out there. In the pic I posted, I had the Backflip LP tires on. I use those and PowerHobby Scorpion tires on the Kraton.

Hi Parcou, just re-reading your post mate, on the Kraton where you have 3 fans onto he 1 battery, what lead you using for this?
Just seeing on another post where someone is powering their receiver with a lipo to in turn run the servo and fans rather than the esc. I’m guessing get the same result as you assuming the receiver can handle 11.1v but less need for splitter cables.

still waiting on my servo horn and fans before I can get mine going.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back