Kraton 6S EXB Shock Standoff Quality Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keybaud

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I recently purchased a Kraton 6S EXB that comes with the EXB Shock Standoff upgrades, but I was surprised to find that one of the nuts sheared off on the workbench without even putting a spanner on it. I then went to loosen the other nuts and 2 of those sheared off with very little torque applied. The fourth one unscrewed as it should, but I don't have any confidence in the structural integrity of this one having seen what happened to the other 3.

I found a post on Amazon where someone had the same issue with one of the standoffs when they bought the EXB Upgrade pack, but I can't find any discussions on the issue. Is Arrma known for poor quality control on the components it sells or could the standoffs have been overtorqued when the car was put together, effectively work hardening the threaded part, making it brittle and easy to snap?

I know what the options are to replace the stand offs (M2C, etc), but the car is brand new and has EXB compnents, so this issue should not have occured.

I've attached images of the first and second sheared nuts.

Before anyone says, the first standoff is in the wrong hole, as I just put it back quickly when I found the suspension hanging loose.

Kraton 6S 1 of 2.jpg

Kraton 6S 2 of 2.jpg.jpg

Shock mounts have been an issue since day 1, why Arrma hasn't or won't address this issue is beyond me, they should have made them 4mm a long long time ago. And yes their quality control is complete crap imho. I'm at the point where I will not buy anything made by Horizon Hobbies ever again after the ordeal with my Fireteam and buying new replacement parts that were defective out of the box............... All my cars are going to get aftermarket parts only going forward. Idk what I am going to do about my Ecx vehicles though as the aftermarket for those is basically Chinese bling junk.

I've never had one break THAT easily. The non exb version is actually better as it uses a screw which is easily replaced and bends instead of snapping.

I've never had one break THAT easily. The non exb version is actually better as it uses a screw which is easily replaced and bends instead of snapping.
Overtightened from the factory is my guess. They must have He-manned it on instead of getting it guttentight.

And sorry about my rant, I'm just at my wits end with Horizon and Arrma atm didn't mean to come across so negative.

Overtightened from the factory is my guess. They must have He-manned it on instead of getting it guttentight.

And sorry about my rant, I'm just at my wits end with Horizon and Arrma atm didn't mean to come across so negative.
nah man I get it, thats how I feel towards castle right now lol.

Agreed, undersized and way over torqued. M3 is too small for the application. Poop like this shouldn't happen on an exb branded kit....

Similar happened on @Phantom21 brand spanking new exb too:

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/phantom21-kraton-exb-basher-build.58475/

My K6exb still has the stockers on and haven't snapped yet......they are not overtorqued I can say though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back