Kraton KRATON 6s EXB Spur

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sococapricorn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello does anyone know the pitch for the center diff spur gear on the EXB Kraton 6S I know it's 50T but what pitch?

Ok was curious cause alot of sites say a tooth and a pitch and I was like ummm idk the pitch.

Ok so does anyone have a good recommendation for a 6s EXB center diff Spur and Pinion set up?

Ok was curious cause alot of sites say a tooth and a pitch and I was like ummm idk the pitch.

Ok so does anyone have a good recommendation for a 6s EXB center diff Spur and Pinion set up?
It depends on what motor you are putting in and what cell count you plan to run. I run anywhere between 15-25t on my trucks but they have various systems in them.

Spur and pinion depends what your objective is, the volts and motor KV.
Nothing wrong with the standard EXB spur as a start. I run 16/50 6s, RTR K6s.
Tekno and Saga Customs are among the best pinions.
Mod 1
Or standard 25.4 pitch

edit, but if you need a pinion just do as stated search for mod 1 with 5mm bore or if you have a motor with an 8mm shaft mod 1 with 8mm bore
25.4 pitch is not really standard for an RC pitch.
Simply a Modulus 1 is needed. Keep it simple.

I like to run Tekno pinions they have a 4m instead of a 3m grub screw making it less of problem with them backing off and tighter hold on the shaft.

As for spur the 50T spur stock is what most run Vitavon sells a 44T spur but I only know of this being needed when going over 25T pinion on stock motor mount and or running a 56xx motor and running like a 35T pinion.

Stock motor mount only lets to go to a 75T total tooth count.

I run stock electronics on my kratons 14t pinion 50 tooth spur mod 1 gears

I like to run Tekno pinions they have a 4m instead of a 3m grub screw making it less of problem with them backing off and tighter hold on the shaft.

As for spur the 50T spur stock is what most run Vitavon sells a 44T spur but I only know of this being needed when going over 25T pinion on stock motor mount and or running a 56xx motor and running like a 35T pinion.

Im buying Tekno pinions now. Tired of stressing if I will strip it when I remove the screw.

So with the Mod 1 50T I can run any pjnikn 15T to 25T and be ok?
Up to a 25T mod 1 pinion will fit on stock motor mount with the 50T spur but heat and load on motor should be considered. The talion EXB comes with a 25T high speed gearing and runs hot with its smaller tires. With something like a kraton tire that is larger I would on stock electronics not run a 25T pinion IMO if you have like a max 6 hobbywing combo or something like this then 25T should be ok just watch your temps.

I know as well that you should be ok with as little as a 12T for mesh I don't know if stock mount will go lower then this. I don't have an 11T or smaller to test. Side note to this the spur side mesh screw is hard to get to one lower T pinions.

+1
TTC is the best way to judge, when matching spur and pinion Combinations.
I would stay with 50T spur for the K6s. All you need, for bashing, that is.

I use a 18 tooth pinion on my kraton exb with the Hobbywing 1650kv motor and it runs a little warm on hot days but not bad.
Yeah 18 is probably borderline for a 1650kv. Large Mt tires/6s

How would you say 18t pinion is for bashing. Does it give it the speed and Torque?
What's your setup? Motor? Esc? 6s? Motor fans? Many variables to consider here.. stock is 12/50. Without knowing what your specific setup is, I say run the 12/50. Get yourself a temp gun if you don't already have one because running bigger pinions is going to heat things up. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:
what pinion would you guys recommend for max5 1100 or max6 1100 combo on a heavy exb build with m2c chassis and parts and belted badlands? running on 6s to start.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back