Kraton Kraton 6s EXB_Beef-Caked_Re-Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djrahbee

Send-Flip-Break-Fix-Repeat 🤙🏼
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Mojave
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Outcast 8s
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Infraction 4x4
What's up guys..this is officially my first build thread so feel free to give me some tips and or suggestions. Thank you!

I am starting out by breaking down my K6 exb I bought from @Rcproponent this past fall. I have put this thing through hell and back and it's been an absolute beast!! It came with carbon fiber shock towers, ackerman and a M2C chassis. Gonna re-use the M2C chassis. I have been stocking up on parts for a few months. Vitavon bulkheads and F&R hubs, PPS motor mount, M2C ZRS shock cap piston conversion kit for all 4 shocks, RPM front and rear A arms(also have stock I may use), 35kg Dsservo, @3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount and front bumper cushion/support, new @Basherqueen carbon fiber shock towers, ackerman, center brace, top plate and steering plates, rear mud guards. Set of drive shafts and CVD's from jenny's. A set of fast eddy bearings. New hinge pins and aluminum F&R hinge pin blocks. Also got a HW EZ Run Max 6 V3 w/ 1650kv motor to run in it.

I'm sure I missed something but I'll do my best to keep it updated.

This is when I first got it. Loved those Corrally tires that came on it!
IMG-2715.jpg
IMG-2714.jpg

And now...just a muddy beat up mess 😁
IMG-3534.jpg
😏
IMG-3533.jpg

IMG-3535.jpg

IMG-3536.jpg

BBS

Workin on Vitavon diff cups for front and rear, Arrma exb diff cup in center. Arrma internals I got from unused assembled diffs online. Open front with 30k, open rear with 60k and open center with 500k.

IMG-3563.jpg

IMG-3562.jpg

Got the chassis cleaned up...😂
IMG-3559.jpg

Last edited:
Nice build. 👍
I’ve never tried any Basherqueen stuff but every carbon fiber Ackerman I’ve tried in my bashers broke. Too much shock load I suppose..

Nice build. 👍
I’ve never tried any Basherqueen stuff but every carbon fiber Ackerman I’ve tried in my bashers broke. Too much shock load I suppose..
Thank's. 👊🏼 Hmmmm..this Kraton came with one installed and it's fine. I drive it hard and send it far. I will definitely update this thread with any breakage.

The ones I had were probably cheaper Chinese material.. idk. Basherqueen makes quality stuff with a guarantee if I’m not mistaken. Not to mention @Rcproponent knows his stuff. So if it came with one it’s probably fine. Send it!! 🤙

What front hubs model is that?
The front hubs are Vitavon as well.

IMG-3568.jpg

IMG-3570.jpg

IMG-3569.jpg

Got the F&R diffs all done and installed. I need some of those damn white pivot balls that go on the top of the shocks and shock standoffs.
IMG-3565.jpg
IMG-3566.jpg
IMG-3567.jpg

Last edited:
The front hubs are Vitavon as well.

View attachment 274082

View attachment 274083

View attachment 274084
Got the F&R diffs all done and installed. I need some of those damn white pivot balls that go on the top of the shocks and shock standoffs. View attachment 274085View attachment 274089View attachment 274090
They look great. I just picked up the hot racing hubs. Because I only needed a pair for the front. It looks like Vitavon only does the F & R.

How long did shipping take? It always looks like the main site ships from China.

They look great. I just picked up the hot racing hubs. Because I only needed a pair for the front. It looks like Vitavon only does the F & R.

How long did shipping take? It always looks like the main site ships from China.
I think it took around 10 days. 14 tops. They sent me some free diff cups because the red Arrma exb metal ones wouldn't fit. He said they are working on them. I was kinda worried about fitment because there was a member on here that said he had major issues and wished he would have went with Treal or GPM I think. So far so good for me!

They sell the vitavon hubs & steering blocks on Amazon now too.

Got the front finished up tonight. Gonna work on installing the motor and esc next. Need a couple bulkhead gaskets.
IMG-3579.jpg
IMG-3584.jpg
IMG-3580.jpg

IMG-3584.jpg
Upper front A arms are tight so I'm not sure if they needs any spacers or not??
IMG-3581.jpg

IMG-3586.jpg

Off to bed...💤

Upper front A arms are tight so I'm not sure if they needs any spacers or not??
Rpm may have changed the dimensions to fit without the spacers. 🤷‍♂️ If they have no front to back play, I’d say they’re fine.

Where's my Build Thread Badge?? Been a few days since I created this. Am I missing something? thought it was automatic.

How are you liking that DeWalt gyro screwdriver?
Love it. I have an older SnapOn one from when I painted cars for a living that I like a lot too. Also...I have a couple from Harbor Freight that were $14 that work just fine.
How deep could the red paint run?
They are anodized..not painted.

Love it. I have an older SnapOn one from when I painted cars for a living that I like a lot too. Also...I have a couple from Harbor Freight that were $14 that work just fine.

They are anodized..not painted.

Right my mistake.

The red is still only like a mm deep right? The silver inner aluminum would be silver if your scratched it deep enough.

Right my mistake.

The red is still only like a mm deep right? The silver inner aluminum would be silver if your scratched it deep enough.
Yes. There's a way to remove it but I don't know what or how. Just get the silver ones..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back