Kraton 6S First Paintjob and Custom Body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixStar

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Not sure what to name this one, or if I even want to name it. Heavily modified Kraton 6S. JConcepts Finnisher 1/8 truggy body marketed as being for the Kraton 6S. I used a Tamiya PS-5 Black rattle can. The guy at my LHS said I would probably need more than one can, so I bought two. I did 5 coats and still have a bit left in my first can. Instead of masking the windows and leaving them clear, I used some chrome/"mirror" vinyl wrap that I cut out using the masks that came with the body as stencils. I stuck the masks onto a piece of cardstock, cut it out, traced onto the backing of the vinyl and cut that out then trimmed the pieces down to fit. I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out, especially the windshield. I only ended up using the front grille and headlights decal and the 2 American flag decals in place of taillights. I need to get another roll of drywall tape, the one I have is made of flexible thread-like material, not fiberglass. It doesn't do much for adding rigidity and structural integrity to the body. I could just use shoe goo alone. Any ideas, comments, or input from the community would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
20210418_033947.jpg
20210418_034011.jpg

That XT8e is so clean. Its really a shame we don't have more 1/8 scale tracks in Western WA where you could really put her through her paces.

Not sure what to name this one, or if I even want to name it. Heavily modified Kraton 6S. JConcepts Finnisher 1/8 truggy body marketed as being for the Kraton 6S. I used a Tamiya PS-5 Black rattle can. The guy at my LHS said I would probably need more than one can, so I bought two. I did 5 coats and still have a bit left in my first can. Instead of masking the windows and leaving them clear, I used some chrome/"mirror" vinyl wrap that I cut out using the masks that came with the body as stencils. I stuck the masks onto a piece of cardstock, cut it out, traced onto the backing of the vinyl and cut that out then trimmed the pieces down to fit. I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out, especially the windshield. I only ended up using the front grille and headlights decal and the 2 American flag decals in place of taillights. I need to get another roll of drywall tape, the one I have is made of flexible thread-like material, not fiberglass. It doesn't do much for adding rigidity and structural integrity to the body. I could just use shoe goo alone. Any ideas, comments, or input from the community would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.View attachment 140411View attachment 140412
Blackjack?

Last edited:
Lol thats crazy, I've got 5 running complete RC's, one complete non-running parts car, and one bare roller with some issues ill probably donate or sell for nothing. I live in a pretty smallish apartment and my collection takes up a significant amount of space when my charging station, tools & parts collection, and workbench are taken into consideration.

*almost forgot I have one other RC that is complete but non-running due to some small issues. I would fix it but honestly I hate working on it because it was such a huge disappointment for my first truly hobby-grade RC.

I normally try to avoid using a ton of stickers and decals, I prefer as clean a look as possible. However I ordered these stickers a couple weeks ago and I think my monster Kraton is the perfect place for one.

Polish_20210418_141658152.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back