Kraton Kraton 6S front CVD driveshaft popping out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RMA-driver

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have upgraded practically every part of my Kraton V4 except the chassis which, amazingly, I have failed to bend yet. The biggest problems I continue to have with this car our breaking shock shaft off at the threads in the front CVD axles keep popping out of the outdrives when the car is it full suspension compression.

I have hot racing hubs, and I’m using the EXB arms, with the washer removed from the top arm to slightly shorten the distance between the hub and the outdrive. I continue to have this issue when going off of jumps-the dog bone part of the CD continues to pop out and ultimately bemrs.

in an effort to address this issue I purchased a pair of the MIP CVD kit, and much to my disappointment they actually measured a few millimeter shorter than the stock ARRMA CVDs which will make the problem even worse. i’m trying to think of a way to shorten the distance between the hub and the outdrive further to solve this issue, or, perhaps find a different outdrive that is perhaps a little bit longer so the end of that dog bone doesn’t pop out at full compression. as well, I thought about shaving down the ends of the suspension arms to again, shorten the distance between the hub in the outdrive, however, The lower EXB arm has a metal cap on the end of it.

I I’m getting so tired of rebuilding the same issue every time, and I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a solution. I greatly welcome suggestions.

as well, for extra credit, I am using stock shocks but with the heart racing shock ends and spring retainer. Unfortunately it seems like every other bash session, I end up breaking shock shock piston at the threads, and end up having to rebuild the shock in the field which is annoying. Does anyone have experience with this, and any recommendations about potentially a retrofit that is more robust?

I have upgraded practically every part of my Kraton V4 except the chassis which, amazingly, I have failed to bend yet. The biggest problems I continue to have with this car our breaking shock shaft off at the threads in the front CVD axles keep popping out of the outdrives when the car is it full suspension compression.

I have hot racing hubs, and I’m using the EXB arms, with the washer removed from the top arm to slightly shorten the distance between the hub and the outdrive. I continue to have this issue when going off of jumps-the dog bone part of the CD continues to pop out and ultimately bemrs.

in an effort to address this issue I purchased a pair of the MIP CVD kit, and much to my disappointment they actually measured a few millimeter shorter than the stock ARRMA CVDs which will make the problem even worse. i’m trying to think of a way to shorten the distance between the hub and the outdrive further to solve this issue, or, perhaps find a different outdrive that is perhaps a little bit longer so the end of that dog bone doesn’t pop out at full compression. as well, I thought about shaving down the ends of the suspension arms to again, shorten the distance between the hub in the outdrive, however, The lower EXB arm has a metal cap on the end of it.

I I’m getting so tired of rebuilding the same issue every time, and I’m wondering if anyone has experienced this and found a solution. I greatly welcome suggestions.

as well, for extra credit, I am using stock shocks but with the heart racing shock ends and spring retainer. Unfortunately it seems like every other bash session, I end up breaking shock shock piston at the threads, and end up having to rebuild the shock in the field which is annoying. Does anyone have experience with this, and any recommendations about potentially a retrofit that is more robust?
I had this same problem with the hot racing hubs on all my Arrma’s . I got a rasp type bit and drilled a couple mm into the hole on the end of my A-arms. As for the metal piece on the exb I just used my body reamer to make the hole big enough for the pillar ball to go through. NO MORE ARMS POPPING OUT!! One photo shows a RPM arm the other is my exb notice how the ball is closer to the arm

image.jpg

image.jpg

I had this same problem with the hot racing hubs on all my Arrma’s . I got a rasp type bit and drilled a couple mm into the hole on the end of my A-arms. As for the metal piece on the exb I just used my body reamer to make the hole big enough for the pillar ball to go through. NO MORE ARMS POPPING OUT!! One photo shows a RPM arm the other is my exb notice how the ball is closer to the arm

View attachment 132646

View attachment 132647
Ah ha!! Just as I suspected - the Hot Racing hubs increased the length of the arm. Thank yo for the hack recommendation!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back