Kraton KRATON 6S Front Drive Shaft Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kody

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi everyone,

Im looking for some help or advice with a problem that I have with my KRATON 6S. I bought the RC in October 2019 and shortly after it began to throw the front drive shafts out of the drive cups. This has caused damage to the A arm and cups. It normally only does it when I operate it at 100% power setting but has done it on the 75% power setting. It is still under warrantee so I took it back to the shop that I bought it from in Brisbane (now closed) and they showed very little interest and the only advice that they offered was to remove the small washers between the A arm and the ball joint screw. This made no difference as the washer is less than 0.5mm thick and I need to gain around 2 to 3mm. I went to another RC shop who do not sell KRATON and they were very helpful but only suggested that I trim a couple of mm of the end of the A arm so the drive shafts can fit further into the drive cups. I do not like this idea and do not think that I should have to make such a modification to fix a problem that should not be occurring in the first place. I have attached a photo showing how close the drive shaft comes to the edge of the drive cup. This is after I have removed the washers so prior to this it came even closer
20200411_153945.jpg
20200411_154021.jpg
20200411_154119.jpg

Has anyone else had similar problems with a KRATON 6S and what action was taken to fix the problem. Your advice or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, i removed on the end of front arms, plastic washer and the turnbuckle doesn't go out that much... the driveshafts never popped out ?
damn me... you need to care for your car use some wd40 is sooo rusty ?

Last edited:
Hi, i removed on the end of front arms, plastic washer and the turnbuckle doesn't go out that much... the driveshafts never popped out ?
damn me... you need to care for your car use some wd40 is sooo rusty ?

Thanks for your advice

Have you done this and did it work
Yes and yes

Some people go as far as cutting 1-2mm off the ends of the arms.

Thank you very much for your advice ill give it another go tomorrow and post an update of the result
Yeah like he said those washers have to go.

Have you adjusted your droop screws ? The cups are damaged now which is going to make it easier for them to come out now, so I'd replace them and make sure your droop screws are adjusted so your shocks are bottoming out and allowing the axle to pop out.
There should be no need to trim arms or remove washers unless something is worn out.

Last edited:
Its actually a common thing with the kraton. Especially running rpm arms that allow more flex. You don't have to shave anything just take the washers out and all is good after that.

Its actually a common thing with the kraton. Especially running rpm arms that allow more flex. You don't have to shave anything just take the washers out and all is good after that.
I had to shave a bit off the ends of the arms on my outcast 6s on one side. The other side was fine with just the washers removed, but one side still popped out. I cut off 1-2mm and haven't had it pop out since. I run RPM arms. As they age, they stretch/bend and the hinge pin holes egg out a bit which allows more slop. I should really just replace the arms... but will leave it as is for now.

Update:

I removed the shims out from behind the pillar balls, and the washers as per the advice that you gave to me. I have just tested it and it seems to be working perfectly. I'm going to replace the outdrive cups, drive shafts and any other damaged parts.

Thank you very much for your advise it was greatly appreciated. As I said in my first post, the hobby shop that I bought it from did not show very much interest, so once again thank you for your help and consideration.

I too had the same issue. Removing the washers and shims did the trick.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back