Kraton Kraton 6s gearing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does. The MMX8 makes the stupid beeping crap and it does not go anywhere. Little later it does (cools down a little, while I pop back driveshafts :D ) I will try to go down to 20 and see what happens. I just do not see any improvement from 27t to 22t (as far as shut down), so I thought I ask before trying anything. Maybe the 20 will help.

What fans do you have on the motor?
They are the Yeah Racing Signal Masters.

I run them at 8.4 volts and they scream. I have them on a switch and the temps drop quick when I turn them on.

https://www.yeahracing.com/signal-10-master-competition-40x40mm-cooling-fan-ya-0534-00071560

You only using 6s?
Just curious...What are the air temps where you are?
Once you are in the 90's F., we all run hot. Need to gear down to accomodate summer temps.
Better motor fans are always in order. Mod the ESC fan/shroud setup.
Drop the Punch/Power ESC setting Down. This always helps.
:cool:

Just curious...What are the air temps where you are?
Once you are in the 90's F., we all run hot. Need to gear down to accomodate summer temps.
Better motor fans are always in order. Mod the ESC fan/shroud setup.
Drop the Punch/Power ESC setting Down. This always helps.

85-95F. Gear down means smaller pinion? (e.g. going from 22 to 20 or 19?)
If I drop the punch can I still do standing backflips or that "feature" would be gone?
They are the Yeah Racing Signal Masters.

I run them at 8.4 volts and they scream. I have them on a switch and the temps drop quick when I turn them on.

https://www.yeahracing.com/signal-10-master-competition-40x40mm-cooling-fan-ya-0534-00071560
Thanks for the tip. So I should ditch the 30mm x 2 Fan setup for 40mm x 2?
What heatsink I can do with the 1100kv with dual 40mm setup?

If I drop the punch can I still do standing backflips or that "feature" would be gone?

Larger will put out more wind, which will cool it faster. My ESC is set to 8.4v which also boosts the RPM. I didn’t use a heat sink but a clamp that mounts them above the motor.
Similar to this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Hobbies-Powerhobby-Aluminum-Heatsink/dp/B09VCVKHQH/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=160DK9RP32XGW&keywords=fan+mount+40mm+dual+power+hobby&qid=1660491542&sprefix=fan+mount+40mm+dual+power+hobby,aps,117&sr=8-2

My punch is set to 50% and am still able to do standing back flips on the 25T

I usually drop down 2 Teeth at a time when motor runs too hot. (150F +) And evaluate temps with my Temp gun. I have a whole set of pinions on hand. Yes a whole collection $adds up$.
I personally avoid Heat sinks. A solid fan mount with (2) 40mm x 20mm (H) fans ( minimum size height) should do it. I like air to blow directly at the motor. Motor Can is a HS by design.

I’m running a 19T on mine with a Max 6 /1650kv. I still have to watch my temps as I will get a thermal cutoff if I’m running too long without breaks..

Would love to go up a few teeth though

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back