Kraton Kraton 6s / Granite 3s Lipos with correct connectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoCa3941

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
So much great information here (almost too much to digest) and I'll apologize in advance if this has been asked & answered multiple times. Which brands of lipos already come with the right connectors for the Kraton 6s BLX & Granite 3s 4x4? And, they are the EC5 connectors correct?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Yes EC5 are correct. Some battery manufacturers have a option to buy their lipos with connector of your choice like SMC for instance. Others you may have to solder on the ones you like.

So much great information here (almost too much to digest) and I'll apologize in advance if this has been asked & answered multiple times. Which brands of lipos already come with the right connectors for the Kraton 6s BLX & Granite 3s 4x4? And, they are the EC5 connectors correct?

Many thanks!
You can also buy connectors (e.g. deans to EC5) from most hobby stores/amazon/ebay if you don't want to solder.

You can also buy connectors (e.g. deans to EC5) from most hobby stores/amazon/ebay if you don't want to solder.
DO NOT DO THIS! Adapters are a terrible idea. They limit power and frequently disconnect.

I purchased a bag of XT90 connectors and use them on everything. When I purchase batteries, I don't care what connector they come with . I just install the XT90's. The same connector on everything sure makes life easy.

I do the exact same thing. Practice soldering and swap everything to the same connector.

I’ve been running hrb lipos. Specifically 5000mah 6s. For less than $70 a battery, they seem to do quite well, and they come with ec5 connectors. I believe they have 3s as well. Though I will end up switching to xt90s eventually.

You can search something like "3s (or 6s) lipo ec5" to locate some on Amazon etc. My local hobby shop carries Lectron Pro batteries and have them in stock with many different connectors. A lot of shops will also solder for you, if you don't want to do it yourself.

Add a vote to "Buy the Lipo you want, and solder the right plug on it". If you can't solder, your LHS can do this for you for a few bucks. But, don't be scared of soldering, it is not hard to learn, and wire and solder is cheap for practice. Just one tip - don't clip both leads on a battery at the same time... :eek: (Yeah, done that, exciting). Clip one lead,solder it, heat shrink it, make it safe, then go to lead #2.

Oh, and adapters - They are not all bad, I run them sometimes. But I solder my own, so I know they are good. (Prefab adapters are frequently sucky). And I normally only run them 2-3 times to test out new gear, then once I am confident it all works right, I clip the plug and solder my preferred plug on.

Thanks for all for the responses. I think I'd like to stay away from swapping connectors and just keep it simple with batteries that are already set up with the EC5s. The next hurdle is deciding which 'extra' batteries to buy. Most hobby shops around here push Lectron Pro but they're overpriced and get mediocre reviews.

Reading the posts on this forum, it's clear that battery choices are subjective and I appreciate that everyone has different requirements. My Kraton 6s was sold to me with a 6s 5200mah 50c battery and the Granite came with a 3s 7600mah 75c. They both do the job, but then I really don't have much experience in RC so I wouldn't have a baseline to compare them to.

I'd want to get extra batteries to minimize down-time but would like to keep prices reasonable. Looking at HRB & Power Hobby as options. their reviews are also mixed but at least the prices seem better. I'm also thinking that rather than buy another 6s battery, I might be better off stocking up on 3s. I'd welcome any & all feedback.

Thanks

Since you have a 3s truck and a 6s truck, getting a bunch of 3s batteries that can be used in either seems like a good idea.

I have the HRB batteries for my Kraton and am very happy with them. I found a seller on eBay who will let you choose between 5 or so different connectors, EC5 being one of them.

the Granite came with a 3s 7600mah 75c
I have a Granite BLX and use the Powerhobby 3s 7600, 75c. I love them. I also have 3s 5200 50c, but I get up to 30 minutes run time with the 7600 vs 12-15 minutes with the 5200. The 7600 weighs slightly more, but I've found it to be a plus. It holds turns much better with the extra weight. I use the 5200 just to drive home after my 7600's run out. Since I'm used to the 7600, I find myself rolling all the time with the 5200's. In the Granite, the extra weight does NOT have a noticeable affect on speed or jumping. I don't have a 6s Kraton, so I don't know what difference the extra weight would make once using 2 batteries.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back