Kraton Kraton 6s m2c shock cap leakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salty Z rc

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I installed the m2c shock cap and pistons but can’t seem to get them from not leaking out of caps. Too tight or not tight enough seems to be the story. Anyone have the same issue or a picture of how much thread should be showing after installed correctly? Any info or tips would be great! Thanks!

I watched @Rich Duperbash explain those shock caps. They are considered flawless. They better be for the price. But M2C is dead on with their stuff. Have their stuff. Just not those caps. I guess you did the Emulsion setup and used the included seals, and discarded the Bladders?? The purpose of these caps.
The caps should bottom out for the included seal to stop oil from weeping out. These video's below should help if you haven't seen them. It's always possible the caps have a flaw. But doubt it. IDK.
:cool:

I installed the m2c shock cap and pistons but can’t seem to get them from not leaking out of caps. Too tight or not tight enough seems to be the story. Anyone have the same issue or a picture of how much thread should be showing after installed correctly? Any info or tips would be great! Thanks!
I run them . Can't have them to tight. East tactics does a good video on why they leak.

I run them . Can't have them to tight. East tactics does a good video on why they leak.
Yea so I watched both of those videos rich seems to just hold the shock with his hand and tighten the cap which you can only tighten so much before the shock starts spinning, east tactic uses wrench to hold while tightening which I did, but every time I unscrew the cap the oring is in correct place which leads me to believe I didn’t overtighten?🤷🏼‍♂️ I have just the one bottom thread showing all the way around and is a lot tighter then snug. Guess I’ll burn it in haha

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back