Kraton 6S M2C'd + Outcast 6s from spare parts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rc_bc3

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
This build all got started cuz I wanted to beef up my original Kraton with an M2C chassis. I already had M2C shock towers, M2C rear sick tower brace, M2C Ackerman bar, Voltage chassis braces, Voltage Rear suspension mounts, RPM arms, Savox 1230 servo, HR servo mount, RPM bumper, FastEddy's bearings, RPM wing mount, a set of Backflip LP's, and probably a few others. I also replaced the stock radio with a Futaba 3PV. Wow, what a difference that made over the STX2! Now I see why everyone always has a new radio listed as the 1st upgrade on your list!

Somehow upgrading to a new chassis turned into building an additional truck (Outcast) from the leftover stock parts & other spares plus a little help from Jenny's! Hey, why not, right! ? The OC is pretty much all stock (for now) with the exception of a TBR bumper & an RPM skid plate. I'm new to RC and this was my 1st build(s). Of course I ended up well over budget from the original idea but really enjoyed the build. Now, that the weather's gotten colder I'm really getting the itch to build/buy a Typhon. I'd prefer to build, but honestly the numbers don't work to my favor vs buying a RTR unfortunately. I am not aware of an option, but I wish that Arrma offered an option to purchase as a kit. If I am mistaken, someone please correct me.

Attachments

• IMG_20191125_171335.jpg
    IMG_20191125_171335.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20191205_091716.jpg
    IMG_20191205_091716.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20191211_092629.jpg
    IMG_20191211_092629.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20191211_093240.jpg
    IMG_20191211_093240.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Somehow upgrading to a new chassis turned into building an additional truck (Outcast) from the leftover stock parts & other spares plus a little help from Jenny's! Hey, why not, right! ?
Been there, done that...????? ??

Nice job. Nice BF Lp's
I can's seem to find those BF LP's anywhere. They are always on B/O. I found the wheels and tires separately though. May have to build them up I guess. Jenny's is always sold out. HH says Feb. 2020. It must be a popular tire. My Kraton runs best on smaller tires. Been using the standard PL Badlands 3.8's.

Nice job. Nice BF Lp's
I can's seem to find those BF LP's anywhere. They are always on B/O. I found the wheels and tires separately though. May have to build them up I guess. Jenny's is always sold out. HH says Feb. 2020. It must be a popular tire. My Kraton runs best on smaller tires. Been using the standard PL Badlands 3.8's.

Yeah, no doubt! I scoped those out for weeks b4 I finally scored a set!

Just a quick update this build thread on the Kraton..... I have since upgraded the front and rear hinge pin mounts with the new M2C mounts. I also replaced the front hubs with Hot Racing hubs. Haven't done a whole lot more to the Kraton as my focus has shifted to a couple of other trucks that I have acquired since. I had been itching for a Typhon or a Talion for a while but had trouble deciding. So, I did what any of you would suggest and wound up with both!!! I need to start build threads for those. I got the Typhon 1st. I quickly truggified it after few weeks. I have an M2C chassis on its way! Soon after it just seemed like something was missing from my collection. So, I ended up getting a Talion as well! I have been super impressed with how well the Talion flies & just how much different it drives than the Kraton! It wasn't long before I decided to just go ahead with the upgrades and outfit it with an M2C chassis, braces, ackerman bar, shock standoffs and shock towers. Just rebuilt it during this whole pandemic.
So, quick question.... Have any of you guys had issues with wing mounts on the Typhon? I have snapped 3 recently. All snapped when landing on all fours. I've broken several on the Kraton and OC, but never from landing on all fours. I have sent the Talion way higher & farther & still running the original. Just curious if anyone else has had this same issue or if I've gotten something going on that I don't know about. My rear shock tower is bent a little, but that is the only thing that's suspect.

Last edited:
My Talion build after a M2C chassis swap & some new M2C goodies for the Talion & Typhon. Also, threw on some LP's to give her a test rip! I love those on any of my trucks!

Attachments

• IMG_20200513_185852.jpg
    IMG_20200513_185852.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_20200501_194106.jpg
    IMG_20200501_194106.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20200501_193336.jpg
    IMG_20200501_193336.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 42
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back