Kraton Kraton 6s.. on 8s lipo center diff problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thomas90

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
Hey guys,

So im driving on 8s for a little week now...and god its like hell on earth haha i really like the massive speed it builds up in that minimal time ?? savage...

But what i found out now is that my centrediff does not quite like that power at all...
Now after a week the centre diff started with grinding gear sounds...so today i opend up the centre and found out that it was completely dry..like all the fluid leaked on the chassis???

How can i fix this? Cuz im confused haha

1 month ago i reworked all 3
New gaskets new fluid
And new shims..

Thnx guys
Stay safe all!

Does it use an alloy cup? If so, did you use locktite? May have to use red, that's what I had to use on my arrma 2piece alloy 6S cups or the screws would back out on me.
Yes its the red alu cup...and i have the blue locktite and used it on the 4 screws so i thought that it would be good...now that im thinking of it...the screws kinda came loose easily...hmm lets see tomorrow if i can find me some red locktite??
Thnx!!!

My center diff has been rock solid and I've thrown a lot more power than stock through it. What weight did you use when you refilled it? The stuff I use won't leak. It's like paste. 20 mil
Wait. Is this the 8S or the 6S Kraton?

My center diff has been rock solid and I've thrown a lot more power than stock through it. What weight did you use when you refilled it? The stuff I use won't leak. It's like paste. 20 mil
Wait. Is this the 8S or the 6S Kraton?
Its in a kraton 6s
And i used 100k ( setup atm is 40k rear 100k Centre and 70k front

Will it help to go with thicker fluid? Like 150k? 200k? Or go 500k?

Thnx

Its in a kraton 6s

Thnx
Change the title to 6S. I run 1 mil in my center but I'm running a larger motor and ESC.

Im gonne try it tomorrow and get a few bottles like 200k 500k and probs 1mill and then go from there ?
Change the title to 6S. I run 1 mil in my center but I'm running a larger motor and ESC.

Im running the max6 and a hobbystar 1450kv
With 18t pinion and stock kraton spur
Ill go try a few diffrent weights the coming days guess trail and error now haha

Thnx all you guys ??

Last edited:
Its in a kraton 6s

Thnx
Oh... I saw "8s" and overlooked the 6s on 8s thing.

Thicker fluid is less likely to leak for a couple reasons. It's thicker, so it will unload to the front less, which will keep heat down, and it's thciker, so it's less likely to get past the o-rings.

I'm running 300k in my outcast on 6S, but I'm running trencher 3.8's, which are heavier than either outcast or kraton stock tires, so they take a bit more oomph to get going. I'd try at last 200K-300K if I were you.

Oh... I saw "8s" and overlooked the 6s on 8s thing.

Thicker fluid is less likely to leak for a couple reasons. It's thicker, so it will unload to the front less, which will keep heat down, and it's thciker, so it's less likely to get past the o-rings.

I'm running 300k in my outcast on 6S, but I'm running trencher 3.8's, which are heavier than either outcast or kraton stock tires, so they take a bit more oomph to get going. I'd try at last 200K-300K if I were you.

Okaay this is a good suggestion cuz im also running the trencher x 3.8 ?
Thnx ?

Its in a kraton 6s

Thnx

I am running a Kraton 6s with the 8s system as well. Not sure what pinion you have in it.

I have been running 500k center, 50k front, 30k rear. And also doing the following shimming on the diffs and haven’t had a issue.

I’ve been running 8s on my 6s Kraton and use 1M center diff with 20/46 gearing on backflip OG’s and 22/46 with backflip LP’s. (HW 4985 1650kv)
Okaay soo guess i need to upp the weight in the centre diff now ?

I had a leaky centre diff after a rebuild and I think it was because some diff oil got in the threads of the plastic cup when filling it before I put the screws back in... might have caused pressure that loosened those screws over time

I had a leaky centre diff after a rebuild and I think it was because some diff oil got in the threads of the plastic cup when filling it before I put the screws back in... might have caused pressure that loosened those screws over time

I keep having troubles with my center too...
Gone from alu back to plastic...went with 500k oil...nothing helped every time it spits the oil right out at the bottem rubber seal..yes it were 2 new rubber o rings xd
Still kinda clueless whats causing this ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back