Kraton Kraton 6s part recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacobcree

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hello, I need some part recommendations. Yes, I have read the message pinned here, and some other ones, but I am getting overwhelmed at the options.

Thanks in advance if you read this and help out!!

4 batteries in, I have broken a shock rod end, torn the front bumper off, and have a 1 inch or so tear in a tire.

So, as the pinned message recommended, I would like to get the Tbone TBR VX4 2.0 bumper. Unfortunately, it is out of stock. Hopefully it will be available soon. However, I am open to other recommendations on this.

Secondly, researching shock rod ends has proven confusing. If you could give any recommendations that would be great. I would like something very resilient (maybe aluminum?), as my stock one broke without me even doing any large jumps, and I am unaware of the cause.

Last, some advice on the torn tire would be great. New sets are expensive and I have heard of people using "CA" glue? Please let me know of any advice on what I should do about the tire.

Other than all this, it would also be great to know any small pieces I am definitely going to break at some point in advance, so I can go ahead and order them now and have spares at the ready :)

THANK YOU for any advice !

Tekno has some shock ends with locking spring retainers. I am on mobile so I do not have the link handy. If you search Kraton Tekno shock you will probably find it quickly. Those are much more durable than the stock ends.

As far as why your rod end broke, the grub screw that sets the droop, was probably not set properly. The droop screw serves as a stop, not allowing the shock to entirely extend to the point it would cause damage.

I learned to adjust my droop screw properly and slapped on the tekno rod ends with the locking spring retainers and have not had an issue since.

If the tire tore anywhere besides the bead, it’s not fixable. If it simple came unglued. Then yes quality CA glue will work. Trick is to let it dry thoroughly.

I prefer the RPM bumper. I’ve been running it for 2 years without issue and I had beat on the poor thing. Shock rod ends have been fine for me, but I have a few of the Arrma Nero HD ones installed. Definitely get metal chassis braces.

20200424_203336.jpg
20200424_203330.jpg

That little ball goes into the eylet of the shock rod end and allows it to move around ?

Look at the steering links
mine don't have it
View attachment 76637View attachment 76638
That little ball goes into the eylet of the shock rod end and allows it to move around ?
mine is just a bar..
I prefer the RPM bumper. I’ve been running it for 2 years without issue and I had beat on the poor thing. Shock rod ends have been fine for me, but I have a few of the Arrma Nero HD ones installed. Definitely get metal chassis braces.
Thanks! I trust your word plus they are in stock. Going to try those out.
Do you have any experience with the rear skid plate they make?

mine don't have it

mine is just a bar..

Thanks! I trust your word plus they are in stock. Going to try those out.
Do you have any experience with the rear skid plate they make?
Can you post some pics of what yours looks like?
I’m pretty sure the rpm skid is good although it needs replacement every once and a while as it wears down from hitting the ground.

Can you post some pics of what yours looks like?
I’m pretty sure the rpm skid is good although it needs replacement every once and a while as it wears down from hitting the ground.
haha never mind. I had one of those moments. A very.. long one of those moments.
Thanks for the info on the skid plate
mine don't have it
never mind lol

Ok just so we are clear. The small one is stock. The big one is nero HD with lunsford titanium pivot balls.

Attachments

• 15877819621323994724139843838858.jpg
    15877819621323994724139843838858.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 67
Nice. If you would, please look at my latest post. Would you go with what I have linked or what you have?
You see the rings around the HR ones? Those are tooling Mark's. They will eat through plastic. Lunsford by far is better quality.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back