Kraton 6S - pinion gear coming loose

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmanpro

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Outcast 8s
Hi everyone - noob here. My pinion heat keeps coming loose and ends up sliding up and dow the motor shaft. Are there supposed to be two screws into the gear or one? I see two screw holes but I think I only have one screw. I used blue lock tight. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

The pinion stays in place for about half a run.

any advice would be super appreciated!
Thank you ?

CE61D796-9525-48A7-A817-6BA4F7566CBF.jpeg

40958395-DA41-4A8B-B0F0-D2BF6B9C3301.jpeg

I just use some blue Loctite on the set screw and let it dry overnight. Another thing I’ve done is only run Tekno pinions since they use a larger set screw.

Are you cleaning the threads and bore of the pinion with alcohol? Must be squeaky clean for loctite to work properly.. as well as leaving it 24+hrs to cure..

Hi everyone - noob here. My pinion heat keeps coming loose and ends up sliding up and dow the motor shaft. Are there supposed to be two screws into the gear or one? I see two screw holes but I think I only have one screw. I used blue lock tight. Maybe I’m doing something wrong?

The pinion stays in place for about half a run.

any advice would be super appreciated!
Thank you ?

View attachment 97061

View attachment 97062
I find putting a drop of loctite inside the hole prior to putting the grub screw in, helps. You can also use a heat gun to dry the loctite a bit if you don't want to wait overnight.

I’ll make sure to clean the threads and bore this time around and will wait overnight for the lock tight to set. Will take it for a run afterwards and report back.

thanks everyone!

I’m a red locktite guy on pinions, and I let it sit for two days.....Prolly overkill but..........blame it on my A.D.D ......BABY!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back