Kraton 6s pinion gear question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanbenton1028

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I've been doing a ton of reading on here, which has helped assist with my Notorious to Kraton build. So for the new ESC, I went with the Max6. For the motor I chose the Hobbystar 4092 1730kv. My question is what size pinion gear am I going to need to run? I'm always using a 6s battery, and I like to do a pretty even mix of bashing and speed runs, as my surroundings are mostly concrete. If someone could help me out, I would be forever appreciative. Also, I need to know not only the number of teeth for the pinion, but what pitch, or whatever....? What do I need to search in order to get the correct gear? Thanks in advance. Oh yeah, my build consists of a Notorious 6s, that's going on a Kraton 6s M2C chassis, Basherqueen carbon fiber shock towers, t2t brace, steering pieces, stainless steel screw kit, and a few more pieces that are yet to come. I'll post some pics once I'm about to start.

Use a gear calculator program and plug in the stock values (which can be obtained on the Arrma site but usually it's a 50T spur, 10T input pinion, 43T crown gear). Once you do that, drop the kV from 2050 to 1730 and then adjust the pinion for your desired (theoretical speed) or you can also see how many teeth you would need to go up to get the same speed as the stock motor.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/

Use a gear calculator program and plug in the stock values (which can be obtained on the Arrma site but usually it's a 50T spur, 10T input pinion, 43T crown gear). Once you do that, drop the kV from 2050 to 1730 and then adjust the pinion for your desired (theoretical speed) or you can also see how many teeth you would need to go up to get the same speed as the stock motor.

https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/information/rc-calculators/rc-car-calculator/
Thank you man! I'll do that now. I appreciate the help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back