Kraton 6s Rear outer planetary gear keeps shattering!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuke_Syndrome

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
So I've had my kraton v4 for about 4 months now and I've been having the same problem recently where my outer planetary gear in the rear diff on the left keeps shattering on me. I've gone through 3 gears already and the first 2 where with an untuned diff, this last one I redid my diff and put 30k weight oil and shims in figuring it would solve the problem. It was stronger and did hold up better but again shattered. I don't understand why its the same gear every time (rear left), the only way i know its shattered is when the rear left wheel loses power and veers left under acceleration. So what gives? I was thinking about getting a full diff kit and put a whole new diff in since i really cant find any other people who have been having the same issue.

The casing- as you’re not breaking the input or the ring gear

I wonder if during assembly they missed some shimming? Seems strange that the same gear is blowing out every time.
Also, when I jacked up my punch to 9 on my Noto, I did eat up a diff. I took it back to 6 and no issues since.

No neither. I used to but after the second one broke, some people where saying that could break em so i tried not to do that.
Are you using the larger shim behind the sun gear?

I had an issue like this. Kept changing gears over and over. Finally I realized the out put drive cup was wore out where the pin goes in... I just got new cups and problem solved.
Next time you have it apart put the pin in it and see how much play is in it.

I had an issue like this. Kept changing gears over and over. Finally I realized the out put drive cup was wore out where the pin goes in... I just got new cups and problem solved.
Next time you have it apart put the pin in it and see how much play is in it.
I did notice there was a small bit of play in mine. not much tho
Are you using the larger shim behind the sun gear?
yes i am

With my new ones there wasn't really any but the smallest of movement. The old ones had about 1 mm of play which would be enough to shock the gear into splitting. Just get one from Jenny and all problem solved

And these gears just a drop in replacement, i don't need any special crosspins/rods right?

I took a closer look at the diff and the outdrive is worn slightly but there is no play in the pin at all. I also forgot to mention that the pin sheers when the gear shatters they both go together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back