Kraton Kraton 6s rear problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeker

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
Hello guys, I keep having the problem of my rear main gear going on me with the kraton 6s if I put it on punch level 5 or above and I don’t understand why when we all seen kraton 6s with the stock setup on much higher punch levels run fine. Do I need better gears or what should I do. Should I change to thicker diff fluid? I don’t know if that’ll help the rear main gear or not. Help me out guys!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Your post is confusing: there is no spur gear in the rear differential, only a ring gear. The spur gear is in the center differential. Which one are you having issues with?

If you're tearing up spurs on punch 5 either your mesh is wrong, your motor mount is bent or you have replaced a gear with one of an incorrect pitch. 6s arrmas take mod1

To set gear mesh, loosen the mounting screws so you can slide the motor side to side. Then tear off a strip of notebook paper and place it in between the pinion and spur gear. Mash the motor right up close and tighten it back down. Pull out the paper strip. Now hold the pinion or spur and rock the other gear back and forth. You should feel just a little play.

If you're actually blowing your diffs, then you're going to have to check out some tutorials on how to set them up. They need shims sometimes to get the gears to mesh correctly. They'll do alot better job explaining then me. I will say though that as long as there is actually some diff fluid in there and grease on the outside thats probably not the cause. Good luck hope ya get it sorted 👍

Your post is confusing: there is no spur gear in the rear differential, only a ring gear. The spur gear is in the center differential. Which one are you having issues with?
I figured it out, the problem I was having was the rear main gear stripped twice on me after being replaced. I figured out that the issue was the diff case is getting worn and the screw holes are getting wonky. I upgraded to metal casings and the problem is solved. It’s not a average kraton 6s as I’m running a 1250Kv in it. Basically the motor that was in my 8s. The gear stripped even with the original 2050Kv that it comes with. I saw that many people had the same issue and it turns out to be older plastic casings. Thanks for responding…

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back