Kraton Kraton 6s rollout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roll Out is merely measuring a certain specific wheel/tire where it makes one complete revolution as you roll the tire out.
My stock V4 2019 Kraton 6S Copperhead 2's roll out to 20 1/2 inches (501.5mm).
What is it that you need to do?
Calculate gearing?? Final drive?

Roll Out is just part of the gearing equation. Its used to calculate final speed in MPH/KPH. Tire Ballooning alters actual roll out in real world use. Others may chime in. Good luck.
:)

I need to know the same thing. I am trying to program the telemetry for Speed on the DX5C transmitter and need the value

I will defer to this Spektrum Video. Only because the discussion is about Their Product.
Just that it makes no sense to me in abstract terms.
However, With RC gear Calculators, Rollout is commonly measured in MM with one complete revolution of the Tire. Then it is plugged into the Calculator chart.
Rollout is required for an effective Speed reading with the Spektrum Telem. as measured. It is only approximate. And Many have observed Speed to be way off when measuring against a GPS/GNSS Performance Analyzer.
How Spektrum does this is odd and out of the RC norm IMHO. And quite honestly makes no sense to me.:unsure:
Is what it is.

I would have liked the video also explain why they do it the way they did.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
The term „Roll Out“ is defined as the distance a vehicle moves forward per revolution of the motor.

So the answer as to why they do it, is because it´s the right way to do it…except it’s easier, quicker and more accurate to just calculate it. 😅

But yeah, unless you are running foam tires (they don’t expand) and take into consideration the many variables that affect the actual speed of the car on the ground, those calculations are going to be nothing more than a rough estimate.

Last edited:
And to answer the original question, the Kraton EXB has a 4.3 diff ratio, you run 50/15 gearing ( i assume) and the copperhead 2 mt are 169mm in diameter.

To calculate roll out:

4.3 x (50/15)= 14.33 Final Drive Ratio

169mm x π = 530.93mm (circumference of the tire)

Roll out:

530.93mm / 14.33FDR = 37.050mm roll out.

So for every revolution of the motor, your car will travel 37.050mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back