Kraton Kraton 6s running on 4s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Abraksan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon TLR
I read somewhere that if you would run an Arrma Kraton 6s on a 4s lipo the motor gets warmer then when running on a 6s lipo.

Is this true and why would that be. I would think running on a 4s lipo, the motor doesn't need to work as hard as with a 6s lipo, hence it would stay cooler.

Well, using the working logic, it is less power pushing a rig that is the same weight, so the motor would need to work harder. You also have to take into account gearing. That being said, I didn't run into temp issues ever on 4S.

Don‘t really have a clue, but maybe possible that at lower voltage you might end up drawing a higher current for same (or slightly less) power? It’s current that tends to make conductors warm. I‘d have thought the motor would just produce less power, so no higher current, but might not be that simple.

I run 4s all the time and don't have any overheating problems. Most of the time I run on grass racing around a makeshift track with the kids.Tons of fun and on 4s my kraton has the same speed as the other vehicles.

Thx for the replays. Good to hear there are no issues on 4s.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back