Kraton Kraton 6S servo and radio upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orjan

Reaction score
Hi. Brand new rc car enthusiast seeking some help please. I recently got an Arrma Kraton 6S and I am really enjoying it except the radio. There is just something off. Thinking of getting the Futaba 4PM. While I am figuring that out I thought why not dive into it and change the servo as well. Anyone know if ProTek RC 370TBL is a good choice and if its a simple plug and play swap or any new parts or adjustments required? Any help would be much appreciated.

The stock servo is fine (but not great) and I'd prioritize other upgrades before. Just replace the stock servo with something better when it breaks.

I'd upgrade the bearings, servo mount and chassis braces before any electronic.

Edit: Precised my comment regarding the stock servo.

Last edited:
The stock servo is fine and I'd prioritize other upgrades before. Just replace the stock servo with something better when it breaks.

Cheers! Do you think the mentioned radio is an ok choice?

Radio is fine. Servo is a good idea to replace, but I don’t know anything about that model to help. I will say that if you’re replacing the servo, also look into an aluminum servo mount too. The stock plastic one flexes too much.

That's a pricey servo. Looks like it has plenty of power, but there are much cheaper options if you're looking to save some $$.
Yea, like any of the ds3225 on amazon ?

The stock servo is fine and I'd prioritize other upgrades before. Just replace the stock servo with something better when it breaks.

To be fair, the stock servo is a dog under power. That being said, I'm kind of waiting for mine to blow before I replace it as well. Mostly because I'm lazy, but it is a worth-while upgrade none-the-less

To be fair, the stock servo is a dog under power. That being said, I'm kind of waiting for mine to blow before I replace it as well. Mostly because I'm lazy, but it is a worth-while upgrade none-the-less

Yes, you are totally right. I realize my comment suggests the stock servo is good. What I meant to write was that I'd upgrade the other things I listed before the servo on a Kraton 6S. I now have a Savox 1210SG in mine and the difference in performance is huge.

Guess I might as well wait a bit and see if the stock servo will hold up. If anyone have experience with the ProTek mentioned I appreciate if you pass on the information if its a simple switch or not. Also ofc any other recommended quality servo upgrade would be nice to know about. A simple switch nothing else required and waterproof preferred.
Yes, you are totally right. I realize my comment suggests the stock servo is good. What I meant to write was that I'd upgrade the other things I listed before the servo on a Kraton 6S. I now have a Savox 1210SG in mine and the difference in performance is huge.
Was that one a simple switch or did you need to do or get anything else for it to work?

Guess I might as well wait a bit and see if the stock servo will hold up. If anyone have experience with the ProTek mentioned I appreciate if you pass on the information if its a simple switch or not. Also ofc any other recommended quality servo upgrade would be nice to know about. A simple switch nothing else required and waterproof preferred.

Was that one a simple switch or did you need to do or get anything else for it to work?

The Savox 1210SG has been a very popular replacement servo for a few years in this forum. I have one and it is great. It seems cheaper alternatives like the DS3225 on Amazon are however getting very popular these days.

The Savox 1210SG has been a very popular replacement servo for a few years in this forum. I have one and it is great. It seems cheaper alternatives like the DS3225 on Amazon are however getting very popular these days.
Is that Savox a simple switch or do you need to do og get something more to make it work?

Is that Savox a simple switch or do you need to do og get something more to make it work?

I have a tall aftermarket servo mount from GKA and it's a direct replacement. I am not 100% sure if the stock servo mount is tall enough for the 1210SG. I am sure other users will know...

If you want to have the full force the servo can deliver, you would need to add a BEC to operate it at 7.4V instead of the stock 6V, but I don't feel that's necessary and I didn't do it.

You'll need to setup the steering endpoints on your remote, but that is something you should do for all replacement servos.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back