Kraton Kraton 6s Servo and servo mount set ups

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Apollo-11

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Looking to upgrade my servo mount and servo in my kraton 6s. Any recommendations? Not looking to spend a paycheck on a servo just to bash with though😅

Looking to upgrade my servo mount and servo in my kraton 6s. Any recommendations? Not looking to spend a paycheck on a servo just to bash with though😅
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872CRKJD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MV8ZB04EC649G3TTDFJJ

I run this one In my notorious. But there is a cheaper one to and just a hot racing mount.
16201682390907665842038503741899.jpg

I put that exact set up in my Typhon 6s and it really tightened up the slop I was experiencing in the steering
Probably will do the same for Kraton EXB that’s on its way

If you have the plastic servo mount, the cheapest fix is to run extra long screws. As stable as any alu version.
Servo for the budget is a DS3235kg on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Beffkkip-Dig...child=1&keywords=DS3235&qid=1620168928&sr=8-1

Order from china for half the price but a longer wait.
I'm definitely going to look into this one a bit,
I'm gonna compare it to the ecoboost servo. And I never thought about running longer screws I to the mount.
I appreciate the help,

I'm definitely going to look into this one a bit,
I'm gonna compare it to the ecoboost servo. And I never thought about running longer screws I to the mount.
I appreciate the help,
The link shown in the photo is key also I believe in tightening up the linkage.
I forget the source at the moment but can get there if needed. I actually just used longer screws as well. When I said my setup was the same as the pic I was looking at the servo and link

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0872CRKJD/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_glt_fabc_MV8ZB04EC649G3TTDFJJ

I run this one In my notorious. But there is a cheaper one to and just a hot racing mount.View attachment 143850
Quick question, looking at your pic, it doesn't look like you needed any spacers between the servo arm and the steering right? I did a similar upgrade recently with different servo but it raised the height of the servo arm so it didn't align well with the steering system so I had add some spacers which I'm not too happy about. This setup looks like it aligned perfectly, I might get the same servo if thats the case... Is the servo still working well for you?

Quick question, looking at your pic, it doesn't look like you needed any spacers between the servo arm and the steering right? I did a similar upgrade recently with different servo but it raised the height of the servo arm so it didn't align well with the steering system so I had add some spacers which I'm not too happy about. This setup looks like it aligned perfectly, I might get the same servo if thats the case... Is the servo still working well for you?
That servo is super nice works great. Little pricey but works great. And yes I have a little nut in there for spacer. I'll take a close up pic. When I get home from work. But how I got set up works great

cameringo_20210705_130749.jpg
cameringo_20210705_130808.jpg
cameringo_20210705_130749.jpg
cameringo_20210705_130808.jpg
16255063758628354115971821221295.jpg

I used a longer screw and that nut as a spacer and u can see it's pretty level. And if u haven't yet put some snap rings under that spring on the servo saver I would make the rig turn with alot more power. Best luck. Let me know how it turns out👊

Just put a DS3235kg on my kraton with the EXB mount. Not real impressed with the power of the servo. Won't turn anywhere near full lock sitting on the ground, only turns halfway decent when I'm on the throttle. And no the servo saver isn't eating up the travel.

Just put a DS3235kg on my kraton with the EXB mount. Not real impressed with the power of the servo. Won't turn anywhere near full lock sitting on the ground, only turns halfway decent when I'm on the throttle. And no the servo saver isn't eating up the travel.
Yea mine wouldn't turn on ground till I added snap rings

My DS3235KG was certainly better than stock. It's not the best in the world, but it's great for the price. They also make a 60KG one for 40 bucks that I'm going to try when my current 35kg dies.

Really depends on surface and the DS3235 works just fine for myself. It's not a crawler and don't need wheels turning full tilt when it's standing still. No issues with just minimal forward motion and Backflip tires. You can always spend more money on high performance and regret it when the servo dies on a bad impact. It's your money, choose accordingly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back