Kraton Kraton 6s Side Skirts not big enough

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedy!

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I took my Kraton out for a good bash in a semi wet soccer field and the rear of the vehicle got caked with junk. It still functioned fine but took 20 minutes to clean up. It looks like the side skirts are too short on this vehicle and allow debris to collect around the rear diff and suspension.

Has anyone found bigger skirts to help keep the crap out?

I was looking at making my own out of aluminum sheet but figured there had to be something out there with as big of a problem as it was, at least for me.

I'll took them side ones from the outcast
The rpm stone guards with a new hole to fit EXB arms
DSC_2752.JPG

DSC_2745.JPG

I'll took them side ones from the outcast
The rpm stone guards with a new hole to fit EXB arms
View attachment 183758
View attachment 183759
I made some rear mud guards for the rear suspension arms this weekend, but wanted to circle back to this. Are you saying the side guards on the chassis are from an Outkast? They definitely look taller than the ones on my Kraton.

I wanted to bump this--I tired putting v4 Outcast side skirts on my Kraton EXB (v5? Sep 21' build) and they don't fit. The holes don't line up, but more importantly, it looks like the turnbuckles and stuff will rub.

I also find the Kraton has too much wide open space in the back for snow, mud, etc to get in. Anyone find a solution? I'm thinking about one of those ridiculous zippered mesh pouch things. I need a solution for summer when it's hot though.

I wanted to bump this--I tired putting v4 Outcast side skirts on my kraton (v5? Sep 21' build) and they don't fit. The holes don't line up, but more importantly, it looks like the turnbuckles and stuff will rub.

I also find the Kraton has too much wide open space in the back for snow, mud, etc to get in. Anyone find a solution? I'm thinking about one of those ridiculous zippered mesh pouch things. I need a solution for summer when it's hot though.
Do you have a picture of it.
I'm using the m2c Kraton chassis now with outcast sides on
Only grinde a little in the back because of the 20% more meat on those m2c chassis

DSC_3163.JPG

I too also run OC/ Notorious side skirts on my RTR V4 Kraton . Works out fine.

Last edited:
I wanted to bump this--I tired putting v4 Outcast side skirts on my Kraton EXB (v5? Sep 21' build) and they don't fit. The holes don't line up, but more importantly, it looks like the turnbuckles and stuff will rub.

Mesh covers suck. Been there. More trouble and nuisance than their worth. Had several on different rigs. One even caught fire when I was plugging in my lipo. From sparks. Maybe a fluke. IDK. I don't run them anymore at all. Tried them. DMC's Wasted my money. Just me.

Last edited:
I'm running a PL Unbreakable and this PL Armor body on my Kraton was a poor fit. Much too high at the sides. Why I added the Noto side skirts to fill in the big, exposed side Gap. I was collecting so much dirt ingress otherwise. Now body is a tight fit to the side skirt.

If I told you guys it wouldn't fit because I was trying to put the wrong side on, would you promise not to tell? 😳🥺

It works, but only if you put the right side on the right, and the left on the left 🙃

IMG_20220121_220058165~2.jpg

Last edited:
My poor Outcast is not fairing well with the Kraton skirts 😅

View attachment 194369
The side skirts are Not the issue here. Even with taller OC/Noto skirts, doesn't matter.
User error is. That is abuse IMHO.:rolleyes: I think you know this anyway.:LOL:
I hope you have a full set of replacement BB's on hand. One by one they will all crap out on you and probably take out many related $components$ with them.
Fans, and all the electrics????? Well, I guess we will be seeing you posting threads asking why your you rig is having issues.
Snow may be fun. Many do this. This will cost you however. I guess you enjoy wrenching very much. Turning rusted hex screws and all. You might as well just drive it into a lake.
Is what it is. These are not submarines.
Nice picture though. And nice rig as well. Or was.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back