Kraton Kraton 6s slows down at 60mph

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ollie6s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 6s
Hi all, just tried to speed run my Kraton on a 20T pinion and everytime the car gets to 60mph it just cuts power and rolls back to me. Batteries fully charged, all stock electronics inside it. Any ideas?

Get a thermo temp gun and find out what is getting hot.
Nothing getting hot to the touch, got 2 amped rc 28,000 fans on the motor headsink and a upgraded 35mm on the esc
20T is pretty high on a Kraton - you might be getting to the amperage limits on the ESC.
Ah thank you, any recommendations. I was considering the max6 combo for it anyway but any escs better?

Last edited:
I run a 23 T on my Kraton currently. Was at 25 but she was gnarly. (1717 castle)
Fans keep the temp proper. 68mph on grass.

One thing to check is drivetrain resistance. ESC could be cutting out due to max amps cut off

Nothing getting hot to the touch, got 2 amped rc 28,000 fans on the motor headsink and a upgraded 35mm on the esc

Ah thank you, any recommendations. I was considering the max6 combo for it anyway but any escs better?

MAX6 combo or the 1717/MMX8S combo are both good. You could also go with a MAX6 and 4092 1650-1730 kv motor as well.

Spike strips? Speed Govenor?

It rolls back to you? That's pretty cool! 😁 ✌️ 🤣 🤭🍻
I have no clue. Just wanted to participate in post. 😁 🤪

MAX6 combo or the 1717/MMX8S combo are both good. You could also go with a MAX6 and 4092 1650-1730 kv motor as well.
Hot to touch tells one very little. What are the temps down inside the ESC. Something is heating up quicker then the heat can be moved out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back