Kraton Kraton 6S steering/servo question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiamiRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
Hey guys, got a new Kraton 6S a couple weeks ago as a birthday present. It's a land missile but I am having one issue. Under any kind of reasonably hard acceleration the front wheels won't turn all the way left/right and the turning radius is really wide. Presumably this is a weak servo but is this normal? Do I need to upgrade the servo out of the box or could it be another issue? It's not the dual rate which I checked and it turns fine on its back with no pressure on the wheels and also under braking. Thanks.

Could be the servo and also could be the servo saver. Unfortunately the servo savers in V4/V5 are non adjustable. There’s a mod where people slide in c-clip shims to tighten up the servo saver but another alternative, which is what I do, is to swap out the hub with a V3 part that is adjustable and tighten it up that way.

Yep, sounds like the weak servo saver issue. Add two 1/2" c-clips to preload the spring and you will see a dramatic improvement.

If you don't know how to do it, there are good videos on Youtube. I recall East Tactics has a very good one.

Could be the servo and also could be the servo saver. Unfortunately the servo savers in V4/V5 are non adjustable. There’s a mod where people slide in c-clip shims to tighten up the servo saver but another alternative, which is what I do, is to swap out the hub with a V3 part that is adjustable and tighten it up that way.
Thanks. I think this is it. I checked out the ET video and am going to pick up some clips and try that.
Yep, sounds like the weak servo saver issue. Add two 1/2" c-clips to preload the spring and you will see a dramatic improvement.

If you don't know how to do it, there are good videos on Youtube. I recall East Tactics has a very good one.
Thanks. I think this is it. I checked out the ET video and am going to pick up some clips and try that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back