Kraton 6s suspension question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rcproponent

RCP
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Hey everyone, I have a V3 Kraton 6S that I got 2nd hand. I’ve fixed it up a bit and cleaned everything up so it’s looking and driving pretty dang good. Only thing I’ve noticed was that the front end springs up super fast when I release it from being pushed on..

My newer V4 that I built with all new parts feels more plush I guess I would call it. When you release it from being pushed on it kinda slowly rises back to the top.

With the V3 it just pops right back up, very springy.

Anyone know why this might be? Sorry for the newb question but I’m not a suspension guy at all...

take the front shocks off and see if they have any oil in them. it may have leaked out or its too thin.

take the front shocks off and see if they have any oil in them. it may have leaked out or its too thin.
They had fluid but it was gross. I changed it and it seems better. I only had 60W tho and I think stock kraton is 80W... I’ll order some up and change if Necessary... but I’ll take better ??

Yeah they're likely to be too low on oil man

F&R are both 80wt (1000cSt). I would at least rebuild the fronts with new o-rings (AR330245) and a lot of green slime/o-ring grease in the cartridge ? careful not to snag the o-rings if you do replace them

Yeah they're likely to be too low on oil man

F&R are both 80wt (1000cSt). I would at least rebuild the fronts with new o-rings (AR330245) and a lot of green slime/o-ring grease in the cartridge ? careful not to snag the o-rings if you do replace them

Thanks for the info and the video Dude!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back