Kraton Kraton 6s tires... Any suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sweep Racing Terrain Crusher. Belted. Flat out speed all Terrain tire. Great for no jumping. Just ripping around dirt or Pavement. Zero Ballooning. Proline Badlands 3.8 (standard Badland Tire) for the thick stuff. The standard dBoots Backflips or the LP version of same IF you can find them.(lower profile same tread) DuraTrax X-Cons, C2 compound. Little ballooning if any, a Truggy Track tire. Well glued and balanced out the box. Dirt or grass only. Pavement will wear them down fast. But worn down they make a great pavement tire if you wont use them in loose stuff.. I balance all my tires with a wheel balancer and hobby clay for what its worth. :cool:

Last edited:
I'd pick the Backflips from the Outcast/Notorious everyday.
For me (and i've tried a lot) those are the perfect tires for the Kraton. Not too wide, not too heavy, ballooning not too much, tons of grip and a good level of cushioning.

I put some Katar Ts on my Kraton and love them. At least compared to the useless stock v3 Minokawas. Wanted Backflip LPs but couldn't find them.

I'd pick the Backflips from the Outcast/Notorious everyday.
For me (and i've tried a lot) those are the perfect tires for the Kraton. Not too wide, not too heavy, ballooning not too much, tons of grip and a good level of cushionin
Thanks for that info. Great help

Sweep Racing Terrain Crusher. Belted. Flat out speed all Terrain tire. Great for no jumping. Just ripping around dirt or Pavement. Zero Ballooning. Proline Badlands 3.8 (standard Badland Tire) for the thick stuff. The standard dBoots Backflips or the LP version of same IF you can find them.(lower profile same tread) DuraTrax X-Cons, C2 compound. Little ballooning if any, a Truggy Track tire. Well glued and balanced out the box. Dirt or grass only. Pavement will wear them down fast. But worn down they make a great pavement tire if you wont use them in loose stuff.. I balance all my tires with a wheel balancer and hobby clay for what its worth. :cool:
Hi there,

What wheel balancer would you recommend for monster truck tires, both 1/10th and 1/8th scale?

Got an AKA baiancer, works good, all my tires get balanced, road crushers need balanced badly, don't take beyond 70+ since I have blown inner belts twice..

Hi there,

What wheel balancer would you recommend for monster truck tires, both 1/10th and 1/8th scale?
You can do it without a balancer. Youtube how and you'll find it's not very hard to do :)

Hi there,

What I use.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com...ails/1498-ASC1498-ft_universal_tire_balancer/

With 17mm Hex wheels I use a wheel nut placed behind into the wheel hub and this mounts the balancer perfectly. I mount the inner of the wheel facing out. Easier to place model clay/weight on the wheel while attached to the balancer.
I flushed out the grease in the 2 BB's first. Then used very light and thin (drop) machine oil on them. The balancer works much better. This done to any balancer. It's only as good as the BB's in them. If you want accuracy.

What I use.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com...ails/1498-ASC1498-ft_universal_tire_balancer/

With 17mm Hex wheels I use a wheel nut placed behind into the wheel hub and this mounts the balancer perfectly. I mount the inner of the wheel facing out. Easier to place model clay/weight on the wheel while attached to the balancer.
I flushed out the grease in the 2 BB's first. Then used very light and thin (drop) machine oil on them. The balancer works much better. This done to any balancer. It's only as good as the BB's in them. If you want accuracy.
This sounds good to me! Thank you so much! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back