Kraton Kraton 6s tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
My arma kraton 6s blows tires every run want to get tire that don’t rip so easy. I don’t want to get the belted badlands due to them being made of a softer material and i run i bigger gravel and it loves to rip Tires any recommendations

Get a set of BackFlip LP's. Lower profile. Many like them way better than the 6S Backflips. And the stocker Copperhead 2's just plain suck. (n)I hate them. Suck for traction . Makes the rig drive very clumsey and blow out so very easily.
Moto cross tread design on the LP's is same as the 6s BF's. FWIW.
I like them on my Kraton and Noto best. I also have older low profile Proline Badlands. Softer rubber. Almost identical tread. But being softer rubber, balloon more so. I am not a fan of belted tires for Off Road running. Been there. I just haven't found any belted ones I liked.
Absolutely make sure your Diffs oils are correct. Or will eat tires no matter what. Keep them glued well. Even when new, check them over. Any new tire/wheel. Many have poor gluing out the package.
I run 60k/500k/30k (F-C-R). The least ballooning results. This may be part of your problem if you are running stock Diff oils. IDK what you have there.:unsure:

BTW, you need to vent tires at the "tread" and close off the inner wheel vents and balance your wheels for best durability. If you haven't done so already.
And very wet running ruins the Foams and this also causes blow outs. Because the tire can lose its shape with deformed and rotted Foams while spinning at high RPM's.. Best to keep the inner foams dry for longevity.
;)

Edited.

Last edited:
BTW, you need to vent tires at the "tread" and close off the inner wheel vents
This post reminded me that you use duratrax x-con truggy tires on some of your trucks.

Do you follow the same vent process with those tires? I have a new set on the shelf awaiting install.

My tires come unglued a lot, I guess thats not really the problem you're having though? I find the tires I've bought unglued and glued myself last the longest.

I've recently put these on a kraton and I'm loving them so far. I've only ran them on street/grass though.

This post reminded me that you use duratrax x-con truggy tires on some of your trucks.

Do you follow the same vent process with those tires? I have a new set on the shelf awaiting install.
Yes, I vent and balance the DTX X-Cons. Disk wheels are fairly strong FWIW. X-Cons are good. Just don't run them on pavement.
On 6s they don't balloon too much at all.

don't have any trouble with the copperhead 2 tyres had loads of em too. the backflip lp's are good but they come unglued all the time on 6s power

CH 2's .... had 3 sets of them before I realized any other tire is better. Rubber is thinner. Balloons like mad. The wheel's beads are not designed well for the tire. If you are into the Monster truck look, the CH 2's are for you. But Gluing is average QC as with all Arrma tires. Shredded many of them. More than any other tire I've owned. I found BF LP's to be the most durable.

Yes, I vent and balance the DTX X-Cons. Disk wheels are fairly strong FWIW. X-Cons are good. Just don't run them on pavement.
On 6s they don't balloon too much at all.
Thanks. How many vent holes do you make in the tire?

^^^
I make 2 1/8" holes 180 degrees apart at the center tread. And tape off the 2 inner wheel vents. Small pieces of Gorilla tape or similar.
I use a drill bit or soldering iron with a very small tip. Sometimes I use an awl with fire over the stove to create holes.
Be careful to not damage or melt the foam with the drill or hot tip. Use a quick in and out motion just so there is a clean non-jagged hole. Some use a brass tube of suitable size and a drill. I prefer my holes very small and not jagged. Other wise, I feel it can actually cause the tire to rip and shred apart. From my exper.
There are threads here with more information. I usually balance the wheels after one run on them. To break-in.
So the foams and tires rubber have a chance to relax and distribute evenly inside the wheel. Balances better this way.
Some do it slightly different. But is all the same basic concept. Some don't balance at all. Whatever works for you.
I use a TA wheel balancer and hobby clay for weight to balance. Another separate topic. Some use Golfing tape weight. Hobby Clay is very cheap and easier to work with for me.
I don't vent Belted tires. This can cause damage to the belts IMHO. I just balance them. Sometimes they are pre-vented and Belted tires don't balloon anyway. No need to vent them. I leave as is.
Look closely at new tires, some tires are already vented at the tires tread already. Arrma is starting to do this. Mojave Fortress tires come pre-vented for instance. A few others also.

Last edited:
my new copperhead 2 tyres are vented in the tyre (y) and the backflip lps are now (y)

^^^
I make 2 1/8" holes 180 degrees apart at the center tread. And tape off the 2 inner wheel vents. Small pieces of Gorilla tape or similar.
I use a drill bit or soldering iron with a very small tip. Sometimes I use an awl with fire over the stove to create holes.
Be careful to not damage or melt the foam with the drill or hot tip. Use a quick in and out motion just so there is a clean non-jagged hole. Some use a brass tube of suitable size and a drill. I prefer my holes very small and not jagged. Other wise, I feel it can actually cause the tire to rip and shred apart. From my exper.
There are threads here with more information. I usually balance the wheels after one run on them. To break-in.
So the foams and tires rubber have a chance to relax and distribute evenly inside the wheel. Balances better this way.
Some do it slightly different. But is all the same basic concept. Some don't balance at all. Whatever works for you.
I use a TA wheel balancer and hobby clay for weight to balance. Another separate topic. Some use Golfing tape weight. Hobby Clay is very cheap and easier to work with for me.
I don't vent Belted tires. This can cause damage to the belts IMHO. I just balance them. Sometimes they are pre-vented and Belted tires don't balloon anyway. No need to vent them. I leave as is.
Look closely at new tires, some tires are already vented at the tires tread already. Arrma is starting to do this. Mojave Fortress tires come pre-vented for instance. A few others also.
Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back