Kraton Kraton 6s Unbalanced Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blaze0303

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Outcast 8s
Does anyone else have this issue? My tires are crazy unbalanced, nothing is wrong with the truck at all, but it seems 2 of my tires are so out of balance it’ll vibrate the truck half to death with throttle. With the wheels/tires off there is no issue with it at all, no bent shafts or anything like that.

Does anyone else have this issue? My tires are crazy unbalanced, nothing is wrong with the truck at all, but it seems 2 of my tires are so out of balance it’ll vibrate the truck half to death with throttle. With the wheels/tires off there is no issue with it at all, no bent shafts or anything like that.
That's due to sand/dirt trapped inside the tire due to the vent holes inside the wheel. I used to have the same issue before. The cure is to drill vent holes on the center crest of the tires .I did 3 holes per tire at 120° apart. Then tape or plug the holes on the rims.

Sand would be the best guess. They are factory tires, I never vented them but I’m guessing they’re vented from the factory
That's due to sand/dirt trapped inside the tire due to the vent holes inside the wheel. I used to have the same issue before. The cure is to drill vent holes on the center crest of the tires .I did 3 holes per tire at 120° apart. Then tape or plug the holes on the rims.
Sounds like a plan, anyway to force out the trapped sand?

Sand would be the best guess. They are factory tires, I never vented them but I’m guessing they’re vented from the factory

Sounds like a plan, anyway to force out the trapped sand?
After you vent the tires, turn on the remote and the car then put the car outside in your yard or driveway upside down and away from anything that you don't want sprayed with sand and give er a few rips the sand should come out the vent holes. If not you might have to unmount the tires and manually remove it.

Here's a video showing how to remove the tires from the wheels.

Here is a video on how glue them back on. I know it says short course tires but the same basic concepts apply to all tires.

Last edited:
After you vent the tires, turn on the remote and the car then put the car outside in your yard or driveway upside down and away from anything that you don't want sprayed with sand and give er a few rips the sand should come out the vent holes. If not you might have to unmount the tires and manually remove it.

Here's a video showing how to remove the tires from the wheels.

Here is a video on how glue them back on. I know it says short course tires but the same basic concepts apply to all tires.

Much appreciated

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back