Kraton Kraton 6s upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kidkraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
Hey everyone. So my son is 7 & he loves his kraton (it's a 6s). He's a beast doing wheelies & jumps better than me lol. I bought the kraton for him used, it was a little abused but with a little TLC it's been great. I want to do some upgrades, what would you guys recommend. He runs 6s, I believe a 16t pinion, I speed tested it & he hit 50 but he didn't have much room. He'd like to get a little more out of it. Thanks in advance

Hey everyone. So my son is 7 & he loves his kraton (it's a 6s). He's a beast doing wheelies & jumps better than me lol. I bought the kraton for him used, it was a little abused but with a little TLC it's been great. I want to do some upgrades, what would you guys recommend. He runs 6s, I believe a 16t pinion, I speed tested it & he hit 50 but he didn't have much room. He'd like to get a little more out of it. Thanks in advance
I think 50mph for a rig that size is pretty damn fast for a 7yo kid. Is his name Rich or Eric? ???

You can try upping the tooth count on the pinion if your looking for more speed, but keep a close eye on the temps of the motor and esc.. high temps will be more prone in grass, gravel, dirt, as opposed to tar/concrete .. if your at a 16t now I would try an 18t...

On the flip side of the coin, I concur that 50mph is a good number for that rig..

Oh I definitely agree that 50mph is hauling ass, especially for a 7 year old lol. I think I've decided to surprise him & buy something new, he likes the typhon & the outcast, I thought about getting him the kraton 8s but he's not terribly impressed with it lol

Welcome to the Arrma Forum family @Kidkraton! Can't imagine why you would want more speed. Maybe a bit more torque with a lower kv motor, will change the dynamic enough to please his 7 year old curiosity. Have you adjusted the punch level so that it will launch a bit better and react quicker to the trigger inputs?

50 mph 6s Kraton and 7 yr kid, hope he's responsible about his surroundings, very easy to hurt someone.

my son just turned 7 and he runs all my trucks pretty decent... At first he broke a bunch of stuff but now he is good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back