Kraton Kraton 6s V1 Servo recommendations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC617

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
My son has a used Kraton 6s V1 and recently he had a servo gear strip out. He rotated the gear and got a little more life out of it, but ultimately it needs replaced. The question I have is does he just replace it with stock or should he get something better. He's on a tight budget so the best bang for the buck is ideal. We have looked at other options based on some other threads but since his is an older version it's not clear if newer recommendations are "plug & play" or if there are other considerations we need to take into account.

A final related question are the stripped gears a sign of a insufficient servo or could it be due to the servo saver setting. The manual mentions that it can be adjusted but it doesn't really give any guide or detail as to what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks.

^^^Most would do the opposite and stiffen the SS spring along with a stronger 35kg servo. Using a few Circlips as shims.
And the reality is that there NO way to loosen a fixed SS on V4's and up. 🤷‍♂️ Only V3's and lower had adjustable Servo saver hubs.

^^^Most would do the opposite and stiffen the SS spring along with a stronger 35kg servo. Using a few Circlips as shims.
And the reality is that there NO way to loosen a SS on V4's and up. 🤷‍♂️
Yeah missed the v4. That said if he's on a budget wouldn't it be best to prolong the life of the new servo? That's my thoughts.

Not really. The servo will be fine. These SS springs are too weak as they are. Steering is piss poor with MT tires. Steering will completely suck, Be so little. Hard to drive at all if loosened anymore. If it were even possible. Most will agree,
This is not where you skimp to spare a servo. There are others ways to prolong the life of a servo. And these are consumables. IMHO. User error aside. 🤷‍♂️ :cool:

I getcha bud im sure everyone's all crank it tight. Im just throwing ideas out there so the saver can actually function when recks happen. And we know there will be. Thats what Im getting at. I'm out. Stay warm y'all

+1 for the circlips, I've got two in here,tightens it up just nice.
20210213_123032.jpg

Don't recall offhand, 11mm 12-14 mm??? I don't want to guess. Give wrong info.
I just got an assortment of them. Need snap ring pliers and a socket of suitable size to seat the clip above the hex and under the stock washer and spring.
Just Measure the Servo saver hub diameter past the bottom hex of the hub. Where the spring sits.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back