Kraton Kraton 6S V2 to v5 parts compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanRC

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have the chance to pick up a cheap Kraton V2 that will most likely need work.

Was wondering if anyone had any opinions or input about it being worth it. My main concern is parts availability and being able to use new model parts to fix/upgrade the rig.

I've done some searching and haven't found much on the differences between V2 and V5 considering V2 is such an old model. If anyone would be so kind to elaborate based on experiences.

Thanks in advance

There were many improvements but the basic model never really changed.
All the current parts will fit.
If you just compare pictures of the current to a V2 you will see added T2T brace and its related parts. The chassis was changed also. But should not be any issue. As you break parts, gradually you will be upgrading to the newer parts..

If the price is right definitely go for it, my experience has been I got a dirt cheap used but not abused v3 after my buddy got a v5. He has replaced esc, servo, arms, diff is sounding funny and I'm prob missing something. I have done a-arms and front bumper as the only necessary fixes, since the previous owner already upgraded the weak points. As a bonus the controller has never given me issues while his acts funny sometimes which seems to be a common complaint w the newer ones.

Parts availabily is not any more difficult than the newer models from my experience just double check you buy the right parts. Happy bashing!

There were many improvements but the basic model never really changed.
All the current parts will fit.
If you just compare pictures of the current to a V2 you will see added T2T brace and its related parts. The chassis was changed also. But should not be any issue. As you break parts, gradually you will be upgrading to the newer parts..
Thank you. After checking part numbers for an hour or so, most didn't change. And if they did, the new version parts are basically just bolt on. The fella took his ad down without selling. That's ok. I've been bouncing around between the Kraton V5 (awesome deal on amazon) and waiting for the new Kraton 4s V2.

I started saving initially just to get an RC. Then after months of researching and checking prices, I saw the interview with James and CCxRC. I'm itching hard to get an RC for something to bash and wrench on. I'm waiting for the Kraton 4s V2. But don't want to miss out on any deals now, especially if the 4S V2 isn't what I'm hoping for.

I'm only ordering the 4S if it has a center diff (which isn't likely), better front/rear diff and better tires. It's what I've been waiting for, but might be waiting for nothing special.

^^^
I would recommend any of the 6s line, (V5 or EXB Chassis rigs) It is very mature and has many more upgrade parts available for it compared to the 3s and 4s line.
I also don't buy any new released models. I usually wait till the bugs and QC are better. I got burned 3 times being an early adopter of the Arrma new releases. My Lim, Kraton V4, and Notorious were bought when they were first released. Horrible quality and so poorly built. Warranty had my back but much too frustrating waiting for parts, some on B/O for months being being new models and all.
I tear down my new out of box rigs and go over them with a fine tooth comb. Then they are flawless. Leaving nothing to chance. I am a kit builder at heart and don't trust mass production of RTR's. They are NRTR's (not Ready to Run) 99% of the time. Many flubs and building mistakes when manufactured and assembled. If looking forward to wrenching keep this in mind. Tear it down and learn the rig out the box. Whatever you choose to buy. :cool: đź‘Ť

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back