Kraton Kraton 6s v4 center diff upgrade (keep breaking centers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 8S
  2. Kraton 6s
I’ve had 2 center diff’s explode on my kraton 6s v4. A dime size hole on my second break. Was wondering if you guys recommend a Arrma replacement center diff or if anyone has a preference on an upgrade.

Attachments

• 1F829CA4-D3D9-4901-B960-1C0FB19FE84D.jpeg
    1F829CA4-D3D9-4901-B960-1C0FB19FE84D.jpeg
    431.8 KB · Views: 302
Did you buy the 2nd one as an assembled unit? This shouldn't happen unless if small rocks or debris are getting caught at the diff cup, or if your oil is too low and running at very fast rates. I have a feeling it's the latter

You can also get aluminium diff cups from Arrma, Hot Racing and GPM

It looks bone dry no "spray" on the chassis, was there any on the shell? Looking through the hole its torn where the "tombstone" sits on the end of the pin, was it dry and heat has caused it to step around the case and tear a hole in it?
Any of the ally cases are ok I've never had a problem even with the gpm ones, just take your time to build them, dry fit, shimming, locktite pins ( blue) and check it after every run. ?

Did you buy the 2nd one as an assembled unit? This shouldn't happen unless if small rocks or debris are getting caught at the diff cup, or if your oil is too low and running at very fast rates. I have a feeling it's the latter

You can also get aluminium diff cups from Arrma, Hot Racing and GPM

yes I bought the second one preassembled. And the stock one went on it’s 8th run. And the 2nd one went on it’s 7th. It does look dry but it has the Diff fluid in it. The pic was taken after it sat for a while. It does look a little thin tho. When it’s hot it looks more like engine oil lol. Maybe my next diff I’ll clean out the 100k weight and add in my own 1m weight or something.
It looks bone dry no "spray" on the chassis, was there any on the shell? Looking through the hole its torn where the "tombstone" sits on the end of the pin, was it dry and heat has caused it to step around the case and tear a hole in it?
Any of the ally cases are ok I've never had a problem even with the gpm ones, just take your time to build them, dry fit, shimming, locktite pins ( blue) and check it after every run. ?

The pic was taken after a few hours of bashing. Cool downs in between battery changes etc. I usually spray it off and hit it with wd40. I also have bearing soak and lube I use when I do tear downs etc. The diff fluid is rather thin and maybe some leaked out. I’m not sure how long the hole was there before it popped. So like I said above, this time around I’m going to change the fluid to an heavier weight. And hopefully I can find an aluminum housing in stock or something.
I’m a novice when it comes to tearing these things apart and assembling them. I’m learning as I do new things. My stock pinion worked its way toward the motor mount too.. But my kraton 8s stock pinion had so much lock tight on it. I had to heat it to hell and back to get the pinion off. So I’m a little surprised that the 6s pinion worked it self lose. I’ll have to try and pull it then replace the set screw with fresh lock tight.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back