Kraton 6S V4 Controller Upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Athomp79

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I would like to upgrade the factory controller on my V4 6S Kraton. I am not looking to spend a fortune but would like something with a better feel. What is recommended?

I would like to upgrade the factory controller on my V4 6S Kraton. I am not looking to spend a fortune but would like something with a better feel. What is recommended?
Screenshot_20191008-081615_Samsung Internet.jpg

I have 2 of the older version of this radio-

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-2-..._s_a_1_1?keywords=rc4gs&qid=1570537185&sr=8-1

Plus about 10 rx for all my different rc's. Rx cost is $8-$15. Some of the big brands, extra rx can be $30-$50 (or more) each.

I have had these radios for a few years, they are solid. Budget feel, but lots of options. Plus cheap as a system.

Recently been thinking of upgrading, and have been looking at the Flysky Noble FB4
https://www.amazon.com/HobbyKing-Fl...4&qid=1570537451&sprefix=flysky+Noble+&sr=8-6

Approximately $100, but can spend a little more if needed. Not looking to spend a huge amount since I just purchased the truck, batteries and charger recently.

The Spektrum looks like a nice choice. Is this hard to install and setup? I am new to the hobby and haven’t had much experience with upgrading.

I just bought the Futaba 3PV, which is $120-$150 depending on the rx you choose. Great range and response so far. I did accidentally sever an antenna wire in a roof landing and am waiting on some replacement antennas and some longer tubes. Since the Rx uses the snap on antennas, it’s an easy swap. They also make an internal antenna version of their ATX for electric rigs. I may end up with some of those the avoid antenna wires.

I also have purchased the Radiolink RC6GS previously and had issues with range after a few months. Radiolink attempted to assist me over email for about a month before telling me to fix the Tx myself and gave me a link to buy the replacement parts, even tho it was under warranty.

I am still using this radio due to the gyro feature and just have to be careful with the range issues until I get more Futaba Rxs for my other two rigs. I also need to get some gyros too. Wish Futaba made an integrated one.

Approximately $100, but can spend a little more if needed. Not looking to spend a huge amount since I just purchased the truck, batteries and charger recently.

The Spektrum looks like a nice choice. Is this hard to install and setup? I am new to the hobby and haven’t had much experience with upgrading.
Its not hard at all, try youtube. Tons of vids on how to to the bind setup, thats what I did.

Great range and response so far. I did accidentally sever an antenna wire in a roof landing and am waiting on some replacement antennas and some longer tubes.

I keep all my Futaba radio antennas inside the body. That way I don't have to worry about any damage to the antenna. It's has zero effect on the radio range.

I keep all my Futaba radio antennas inside the body. That way I don't have to worry about any damage to the antenna. It's has zero effect on the radio range.
Hmm well with all the radio issues I’ve been thru lately I assumed getting it all out of the body was helpful. Then I landed on the lid and broke the antenna. Do you still use a tube to protect the antenna? How do you keep it from getting into the drivetrain?

I have a futaba 3pv and am really happy with it. I just stuff my antenna inside the receiver box, no tube or anything and the range is still impressive. I’ve tested it out to about 150 yards and it’s still very responsive. At that distance I can barely see what the car is driving over or into so I keep it much closer than that. But it’s nice to know that it still works way out there.

On my mt410 I’m trying the 304SB-E receiver with an internal antenna. We’ll see how it does.

I have a futaba 3pv and am really happy with it. I just stuff my antenna inside the receiver box, no tube or anything and the range is still impressive. I’ve tested it out to about 150 yards and it’s still very responsive. At that distance I can barely see what the car is driving over or into so I keep it much closer than that. But it’s nice to know that it still works way out there.

On my mt410 I’m trying the 304SB-E receiver with an internal antenna. We’ll see how it does.
I just received my R304SB-E receivers yesterday too. I hope they have good range with the internal antenna. I am hoping to test one today.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back