Kraton Kraton 6s v4 diff shims

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
What diff shims are people using to rebuild v4 diffs? I’ve seen multiple answers with brands and sizes. My front and center diffs are shot. I bought the Arrma diff rebuild kit for the center diff and - new spur and input for the front. I bought the Arrma aluminum center diff case. I had to buy the front bulkhead too… went with the $12 plastic one. I have a new fast eddys bearings kit for the rig. Any tips would glad be appreciated. I’d like to order them asap

3C933394-1B35-4AF8-9AEE-AFFC5CCECA4B.jpeg

Diff shims in general are simply installed to where you want the most amount of pinion grabbing the most amount of ring gear without any gear lash or binding. It's just like setting up your mesh with your motor pinion and spur gear. Everyone's diff's are just a tad different and could need or not need extra shims. It's all based on the tolerances of the manufacturer's part and wear and tear on your used pinions and ring gears. One guys 3 shims on the ring and 2 on the pinion could be your 1 on the ring and 2 on the pinion. Order enough shims to properly set it. If you order too many, that's not a bad thing.

Diff shims in general are simply installed to where you want the most amount of pinion grabbing the most amount of ring gear without any gear lash or binding. It's just like setting up your mesh with your motor pinion and spur gear. Everyone's diff's are just a tad different and could need or not need extra shims. It's all based on the tolerances of the manufacturer's part and wear and tear on your used pinions and ring gears. One guys 3 shims on the ring and 2 on the pinion could be your 1 on the ring and 2 on the pinion. Order enough shims to properly set it. If you order too many, that's not a bad thing.
Thanks! I want to order a bunch so I have them on hand. I haven’t had to rebuild the diffs in my k6s since buying it in 2019. They’ve been solid until now. I’ve shimmed my other rc’s but none of the arrmas I have. I wanted to know what everyone’s using. Is there something better than stock? I read about Tekno, Mugen, and kyosho shims. Not sure which to get.

Thanks! I want to order a bunch so I have them on hand. I haven’t had to rebuild the diffs in my k6s since buying it in 2019. They’ve been solid until now. I’ve shimmed my other rc’s but none of the arrmas I have. I wanted to know what everyone’s using. Is there something better than stock? I read about Tekno, Mugen, and kyosho shims. Not sure which to get.
A shim is a shim is a shim right? :LOL: I partial to Mugen but that's me. I've used other brands on my Mugen race vehicles as well. I've never really had a shim wear out faster than another make but then again I was inside diff's every weekend from bashing or racing so they would get replaced all the time even if not needed.

A shim is a shim is a shim right? :LOL: I partial to Mugen but that's me. I've used other brands on my Mugen race vehicles as well. I've never really had a shim wear out faster than another make but then again I was inside diff's every weekend from bashing or racing so they would get replaced all the time even if not
A shim is a shim is a shim right? :LOL: I partial to Mugen but that's me. I've used other brands on my Mugen race vehicles as well. I've never really had a shim wear out faster than another make but then again I was inside diff's every weekend from bashing or racing so they would get replaced all the time even if not needed.
ok. I ordered like $50 in shims haha. Kyosho, mugen, Tekno team associated and Arrma shims… I should be good… if all else fails, I have piles of diff shims from a dhk Maximus

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back