Kraton Kraton 6S V4 or v5????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He was talking about v4 vs V5... I’d say the exb towers are a fair bit stronger than RTR.. and wouldn’t say to replace those right away. If you’ve never bent a tower your not bashing lol

True. The V5 and EXB rear tower is also much more compact and less exposed. I'd expect the V5 rear tower to be more durable as a result. It is crazy how weak and prone to bending the V4 tower is.

You could get the V4, and get the SLT3 ($30), EXB shock towers (F + R $50) and chassis ($45) from Jenny's. It won't be as durable as a M2C'ed rig, but still, V4 price + $125 upgrades for a good basher seems great!

You could get the V4, and get the SLT3 ($30), EXB shock towers (F + R $50) and chassis ($45) from Jenny's. It won't be as durable as a M2C'ed rig, but still, V4 price + $125 upgrades for a good basher seems great!
Would the V5 not be the better option then though as that comes with the SLT, smaller improved shock towers and wider chassis anyway?

The V5 has some useful upgrades , but they're not worth the way higher cost (in the netherlands the price difference is $230!). Those upgrades with the V5 are small things, but what you could get at Jenny's is worth way more.

The V5 has a better shaped chassis and shock towers (and some more things), and costs £110 more over the V4 (for you).

Would you get that, or the V4 and $90 of 7075 aluminium upgrades that I listed before? Those things should be wayy stronger than what the V5 gets stock.

The V5 doesn't make sense in Europe, that's why I'm waiting till I move to the US to buy one.

Thanks for the advice everyone. Much appreciated. I have however had a complete change of heart I think and have decided to build up an EXB instead. Seems to make more long term sense with both extra strength all around and getting the electronics I want from the off. Just tossing up between the MAX8 2200kv or MAX6 1650kv combos now. Already got new DS3225 25KG servo and will be picking up DumboRC X6.

What are peoples thoughts on the MAX6 / MAX8 combos? Done a lot of reading and there seems to be so many conflicting reports of overheating on both setups...

Pay the $40 extra, because the 1650 combo runs WAAAY cooler. The 2200 kv will probably need a cooling fan

Pay the $40 extra, because the 1650 combo runs WAAAY cooler. The 2200 kv will probably need a cooling fan
More like £70 ($97) difference here in the UK. Sounds like it’s probably still worth it though!

Thanks for the advice everyone. Much appreciated. I have however had a complete change of heart I think and have decided to build up an EXB instead. Seems to make more long term sense with both extra strength all around and getting the electronics I want from the off. Just tossing up between the MAX8 2200kv or MAX6 1650kv combos now. Already got new DS3225 25KG servo and will be picking up DumboRC X6.

What are peoples thoughts on the MAX6 / MAX8 combos? Done a lot of reading and there seems to be so many conflicting reports of overheating on both setups...
I would order the DS3235 - the 35KG one. 25 will probably be OK though. For the DumboRC - I run one for my Notorious and my son has one for his trucks. I much prefer the X6A - it's the same radio exactly but it has a rubbery texture applied to it that feels higher quality and is easier to hold. I think it's $5 more. Grab an extra receiver or two - they are stupidly cheap and when you get more RCs you can toss an extra receiver in them, bind to the transmitter, and you are good to go. No model memory or individual end point settings, but otherwise a great radio. You could also hit up one of the UK based kit breakers like @Badtouch The basher (in the vendor forum here) and see if you can find a good deal on the SLT3 from the latest RTR trucks - they are a pretty good radio.

Definitely Max6/1650 combo. You can also use AliExpress and/or Banggood to get a knock-off Max6 and a Rocket 4585 1650kv for much less. For my son's Kraton EXB I got a Max6 but went with a cheaper Rocket motor - I have a 4082 1720kv in it at the moment. I just ordered a Rocket 4092 1650kv today - I'll probably put that in the boy's KEXB and put the 4082 in my Notorious. I also ordered a couple of sets of Mod 1 pinions and some fan covers. Tough to beat for $125. And that's Canadian... so $100 US including shipping and all.

AliExpressOrderFeb17.png

Well after much deliberation, I’ve pulled the trigger on the EXB today. Gonna take my time with the build. Still deliberating on ESC/Motor combo but I’ll let you know how it goes. Thanks all for the advice!

New here so first of all “Hi!”.

New to the RC world and having just upgraded my sons FTX Carnage to brushless, I’m looking to get myself a Kraton 6S. I’m aware of all of the upgrades that were done on the v5, but I’m wondering what people’s opinion is on whether the v5 is worth the extra £100 over the V4? I’m happy to spend the extra upfront if it means I’m not going to be replacing parts straight away, but just wondered what people’s thoughts are?

Thanks!
The v4 is tough. My friend still has his stock. That said, the v5 has sealed bearings as well. That saves trouble changing them. The Spektrum stuff is very torquey. The shock towers are better on the v5.Go with it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back