Kraton 6s V4 servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rgfast

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Talion
  3. Typhon 6s
So I've been trying to improve the steering on my Kraton 6s V4, in doing so I've added snap rings which seemed to help for a short while. I also changed front diff oil from the 60 cSt weight to lower 30cSt to see if that would help and sall no real difference there. Now I'm trying the HR aluminum steering bellcrank,
IMG_2445.JPG

I found the stock parts had a lot wear for a rig that is only 4 months old IMO here is picture of new from Jenny's compared to used
IMG_2448.JPG
IMG_2444.JPG

also I was not expecting to find the shaft to be worn out either
IMG_2446.JPG

there is .60mm wear new is 11.90 this one has spots that are 11.30 also here's picture of old bellcrank which has a ton of wear as well
IMG_2447.JPG

still putting everything back together as of now but hope to get to take it for a test run tomorrow and praying it's going to be much better

Looks my Stock bellcrank also.(y) The HR is a good bet. When my 2nd one fails again...
BTW I lightly greased the alum shaft, but it still wears out the anodizing and all still goes to s!@#$t.
HR.(y)

Looks my Stock bellcrank also.(y) The HR is a good bet. When my 2nd one fails again...
BTW I lightly greased the alum shaft, but it still wears out the anodizing and all still goes to s!@#$t.
HR.(y)

Have you thought about a dry lubricant spray? I use wd 40 dry spray lube. Figured it wont attract and hold dirt/ grit.
Also it helps Blast the dirt and grit out of all the different joints between bashing. ?

Last edited:
HR.(y)
so this is pretty much common wear then ? and if so I guess I should start stocking these parts as spares to keep on hand.

Also while I had everything apart I felt what better time to go ahead and install the MC2 droop screws I had bought a few weeks back
IMG_2449.JPG

so this is pretty much common wear then ? and if so I guess I should start stocking these parts as spares to keep on hand.
I use Jennys for the whole steering rack. Have spares, but the HR may be my next when I run out of them. Its a PIA to replace these on the chassis IMO. Not hard at all. Just a Nuisance when you do it more often than not. I would locate the V3 servo saver hub from Arrma, At least they are easily adjustable and come apart as needed.(y):) HR make a nice SS Hub with adjustable Hub nut that locks with a set screw (adjustable).

thanks found the HR adjustable shaft HRAAON48A02 wish knew about these before I started this little project LoL think I'll order couple just to have for the next time shaft needs replacing

on another note I did run the Kraton earlier and it took a little getting use to, normally I had plan ahead for turns it was actually spinning out on me at times and a little darty. All in all much happier with steering now!!! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back