Kraton Kraton 6s v5 Aluminium diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to know. Yeah I've bought and installed the Red Arrma one in the centre so far, Do you think it's worth putting them in the front and rear as well? I run 4s batteries at the moment.
I never did put them in the front or rear.. Some swear by them. I never found it necessary. I run both 4s and 6s. These are fairly heavy compared to stock and the stockers are cheap enough to replace if I need to. Usually after about 3-4 rebuilds. The center for me is where I feel has the most advantage.Center diff runs hottest from my experience. Having literally melted a whole center diff into a lump of hard plastic and gears. My temp gun showed it over 200F degrees when it happened. It almost cooked the motor as well.
Perhaps the rear would be the next place. But being heavier may also be a disadvantage. The added rotational weight F/R may cause driveline issues. Just my opinion.

I never did put them in the front or rear.. Some swear by them. I never found it necessary. I run both 4s and 6s. These are fairly heavy compared to stock and the stockers are cheap enough to replace if I need to. Usually after about 3-4 rebuilds. The center for me is where I feel has the most advantage.Center diff runs hottest from my experience. Having literally melted a whole center diff into a lump of hard plastic and gears. My temp gun showed it over 200F degrees when it happened. It almost cooked the motor as well.
Perhaps the rear would be the next place. But being heavier may also be a disadvantage. The added rotational weight F/R may cause driveline issues. Just my opinion.
Hard to know what to do for the best eh? Can always just try them, Only £22 each. Hmmm puzzler. What weight fluid do you put front and rear?

Right that's why I'm only replacing my center diff because I had a tendency to have the metal separate from the plastic case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back