Kraton Kraton 6S V5 BLX - Integy Suspension Arms Kit - Pivot Ball Thread Doesn't Match?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

13Fresh

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I've been having fun with my Kraton 6S V5 BLX and decided to pick up the Integy Suspension kit after breaking an arm. I found that the stock pivot balls seem to be threaded M6X.75 with a finer thread while the Integy kit is threaded for M6x1.0 with a courser thread. You can see in the photos below that a M6X1.0 bolt I had looks courser and threads right in. Did Arrma change the pivot ball thread? When I go to buy The Pivot Ball Stock Part, it does say 'Fine Thread' on it. So is there or was there a courser thread? I've sent a message to Integy too.

PXL_20210227_160020428.jpg

PXL_20210227_160038641.jpg

Ok, where do I find what I need to change on the V5? Stock upper arm broke so looking to get back running. I was trying to upgrade since it was my 3rd time out with it. I've got the RPMs on the way, I'll start reviewing them some more.

V5 pivot balls have fine threads now. An improvement with the stock plastic hubs. Less chance of stripping out.
HR Fr. Hubs have the old V4 course threads.
Are the HR hubs even necessary. They can be an advantage for another reason. namely the larger Inner bearing. That's a personal call. I would return them. Your call. I pass on them. Plastic is fine. Cheap enough to replace and flex when they need to and prevent more $damage$ elsewhere. Just me. Others will have their opinion. 🤷‍♂️

Thanks!

Agreed, don't want to start a debate on which components should be which material to break before other components do, was just looking for information that it looks like Arrma did change the pivot balls from AR330197 (M6x1.0 Thread) to ARA330657 (M6x.75 Thread) on the V5 version.

Integy and GPM are 2 companies that you should try to avoid buying parts from for bashing, their parts are more for form than for function, IE shelf queens or street cars mostly.

I'm doing a build (build thread coming soon) and the fine thread pivot balls fit well with the RPM arms, just so you know. I actually ordered the fine thread by mistake but they fit tight I'm going to leave them in.
As far as the GPM/Integy arms I don't know of anybody who uses them and I mostly street run/bash. I would only use them if you go full aluminum meaning diff bulkheads, bumpers and hinge covers. I can imagine they'd tear up a composite bulkhead on even the slightest impact. I agree with the opinion above that they'd probably be OK for a speed run or street only car and might even be a good choice but only if you do a full aluminum upgrade with something like Vitavon, Hot Racing, or GPM diff bulkheads. I wouldn't jump with those either. I've used some Integy and GPM parts with mixed results. They look good but if its a load bearing or moving part (such as arms, turnbuckes or hubs) I'd avoid them. Probably OK for something like a wheelie bar or top plate where you want an upgraded look and the aluminum actually adds some strength on a part you only need occasionally depending on how you drive.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back